New Love (Pt. 2) (A.B.)

I woke up with warm rays of sunlight hitting my bare back, only half of it covered by our duvet. My head was on Andy's chest, and my arm loosely hanging over his stomach. "Morning," I could hear him groan in his morning voice.

"Morning." I lightly smiled as he looked down at me and smiled more.

Anna and Jacob were on their eighth grade Washington D.C. trip, and it was a whole three days Andy and I had alone. Which meant a lot of doing the dirty if you know what I mean.

Since Jacob's trial ended with the ruling on not guilty, everything magically went back to normal. At least for everyone else.

Andy and Laurie went through a nasty divorce, and their custody battle dragged on. Thankfully, however, Andy got his job as the D.A. back and most of the time the judge ruled on his side in custody trials. Especially considering none of us knew Laurie would be so crazy.

First, it was some nasty phone calls she sent to Andy. Then it was some to me. We finally drew the line when she threatened Anna and even called her threatening her.

"You can't threaten a 14-year-old!" Andy yelled at Laurie over the phone, "She has nothing to do with this case at all!"

"Her mother's a whore!" Laurie yelled right back. Andy and I were in the kitchen, the kids asleep. I rubbed my temple as Andy's angered only increased by the second. He finally hung up and sighed heavily, rubbing his own temple too.

"I'm sorry." I walked over and rubbed his back with my hand.

"I should be the one apologizing," he lightly chuckled, "My crazy ex just called you a whore."

So Jacob spent the majority of his time with us. We ended up moving into a bigger house, with the kid's permission. Everything was moving pretty fast, but neither of them seemed to mind. And of course, the were apart of major decisions made.

That included when Andy proposed. It was lowkey, he just pulled out a ring when we were playing Monopoly at family game night. I said yes. He had thankfully asked both the kids and even bought Anna a gorgeous sterling silver necklace. He would be the first father figure she ever had in her life and wanted to start it off right.

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asked and began twirling my hair in his fingers.

"I don't know," I sighed, "Pancakes maybe?"

"Sounds good." He smiled and swung his legs over the bed to go take a shower. I checked my phone for any news and saw some texts from Anna. They were all photos of her and Jacob standing together at the Washington Monument, in front of the White House gates, and more. It was really cute, they always had their arms around each other, even though Anna was probably eight inches shorter than Jacob. I wanted to cry it was so adorable.

"You alright honey?" Andy asked as he came out to grab some clothes from his closet.

"More than alright," I smiled, "Come look at Jake and Anna." He walked over beside me and took my phone, swiping through the photos and lightly smiling himself. "We're getting all of those framed."

"I wouldn't expect any less." He kissed the top of my head and went back to the bathroom to shower.

I decided to stay laying for a few more minutes and ponder all of this. Life seemed really good now, other than Laurie who was being dealt with. Andy was basically Anna's dad, Jacob was a happy innocent teen again, and Andy and I were happy together. It all seemed too good to be true, but it was.

I was thinking for longer than I thought because soon enough Andy walked out dressed from his shower. "I'm gonna go down and start breakfast, alright?" I nodded as he exited, it being my turn to clean up.

-Time skip-

Andy and I eagerly stood in the parking lot of the kid's school waiting for the buses to get here from their trip. We had talked to a few other parents about the gossip around town, what was going on, some of the cases Andy was covering, the usual. Soon enough we heard them rolling off and the kids came running out.