Fixing (A.B.)

To say you were furious would be an understatement.

At this point, you were mad at everyone involved in the situation. You were primarily angry with yourself, and the ignorance that had gotten you trapped in this mental situation. But here you were at 9 pm on a Thursday night on the phone with your best friend who lives across the country, crying over a guy who inevitably knew from the beginning you would never have.

"He's just a stupid dick Y/N." Y/B/F/N reassured you, "Listen, if Andy doesn't want a relationship, then end the hookups now. Everyone knows you're too fragile to be messed with and don't take that offensively." You knew she was right, you were extremely fragile.

"I know," You sniffled into the speakerphone, curled up on the plush white bed, which still had the essence of his smell lingering in each stitch. "I can't believe I was so stupid."

"You weren't stupid, you're in love with him," She sighed, "But he's an ass who has a family, and is using you for pleasure and nothing else."

"You're right," You said, "I need to end it."

"It's best for you, and we both know that." You nodded even though you knew she couldn't see you. "You can do this Y/N, you have so many people looking out for you, Andy is not one of them. But you need to look out for yourself most importantly."

"I love you," You said as a final goodbye.

"I love you too, Y/N/N, you can do this." Then she hung up. So there you lay on your bed, staring at your white ceiling as tears continued to stream down your red cheeks, and sobs continued to erupt from your mouth.

You eventually built up the courage to block Andy. He had already texted you five times tonight ranging from, I really need you right now, to, Why aren't you answering me Y/N? But you were done with his shit, once and for all.

So shortly after scrolling down and pressing the block number on his contact, you deleted his number as well. Although ghosting him was not what you wanted to achieve, you knew to have a sit-down conversation would have been worst. Andy could easily get irritated, you knew it wasn't his fault, it was his nature, but nonetheless he had told you about his consistent fights with Laurie, and how one ended with throwing things at each other around the kitchen. The last thing you wanted was additional conflict.

About 45 minutes after blocking his number and getting invested in your favorite show, you heard your doorbell ring. Initially, you were curious as to who it was. But just as you stepped out of bed, you realized. It could only be Andy.

So you went right back to where you were in bed, your hair hanging loose and down your back, covered in comfy clothes under the lush covers, and no makeup of course. Then you heard a knock. And of course, you didn't budge. Then a harder knock, and you didn't move.

When you finally heard nothing after a few minutes, you laid back once again and began to relax further, thinking he was gone. But Andy would not let you go this easy, he was going to be stubborn about it.

You didn't hear anything, because once again, Andy was smart. That was until he opened the door to your room, standing there in his typical jeans and jacket. You were taken aback, and quite scared at the moment. "How the hell did you get in here?" You asked, crossing your arms tightly over your chest and sitting up.

"You gave me a key to your back door," He smirked and held up the single silver piece. "Now my turn, why the hell are you ignoring my texts and calls?" You didn't say anything, just stared at him with a face of anger. "Y/N," He began lightly but in an authoritative tone, slowly walking towards you, "I'm warning you now."

"Or what?" You asked. Andy was slightly taken aback as well by your feisty response. You were usually kind and sweet to him, but tonight you were a lot different. You two had never fought before in your five months of sleeping together.

"Listen, Y/N," he lightly asked, "I don't want to fight. So can we please just talk?" His pleading eyes met yours. He was still a broken man, and only you knew that. He was crumbling into pieces, you still had sympathy for him.

"Fine," You sighed. He sat on the edge on his side of your bed, leaning back like you were. You turned off your TV, fighting every instinct you had to not just kiss him now.

"Tell me what's wrong," he said lightly, looking at you. You knew you had to tell him, regardless of any consequence.

"I um," You began, looking down and playing with your finger, "I don't know if I can do this anymore Andy?"

"What?" He asked, "Do what anymore?"

"This," You said and looked up at him, your eyes locking, and pointing between the two of you, "There are a lot of things I mentally and emotionally have to deal with on my own, and I know that. But I can't live with the idea that I'm your side. That puts me in a difficult, degrading position." You sighed, looking back down to your fingers. Andy didn't respond for a few minutes, just looked at you, realizing that you were probably just as broken as he was, but he hadn't given you the time or the effort or the willingness to tell him your issues.

"I'm sorry," He finally sighed, looking down briefly himself, "I should've listened to you and made this relationship equal. But I chose to make it about myself. And if you want me to leave then I will leave, but Y/N you aren't just a side to me, you never have been and you never will be." He looked up to meet your eyes, as you were now looking at him, "I'm filing for divorce with Laurie." He said. Your eyes went wide out of pure shock.

"W-what?" You asked.

"Things aren't working out. We realized we made the dumb mistake in college of thinking we were the ones for each other, we weren't. And we lived in our own fantasy world, but with Jacob right now it's all fallen apart. We can't sustain a relationship anymore, so I've talked to a few attorneys and we're filing next week."

"So what are you going to do after?" You asked after a few moments.

"I don't know," He sighed, "Depending on what happens with Jacob, I may be able to get my job back, stay here or move away, I don't know." He frowned, "But whatever it is I want to do it with you."

"You do?" You asked, looking up again, lightly smiling.

"Yeah, I do," He chuckled, "You really understand me. Like no one else has. But I want to know you too as well." You nodded. "So once this is over, would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked, you both lightly laughed.

"Of course Andy," You smiled even brighter, "I wouldn't want to go out with anyone else."