Forgiveness (S.S.)

"I don't want to hear it, Sebastian," I told him with tears coming down from eyes.

"Baby I-"

"Stop!" I told him and he paused, "Why did you even bother coming home? You obviously want her more than me."

"I never said that-"

"Well, you slept with her." I wiped my eyes with the palm of my hand. "The only reason I'm staying with you is because I don't want to put our kids through the shit I went through when I was their ages." He looked down. "But you're going to be the one to explain to them why their mother and father aren't sleeping together anymore."

-Kennedy's POV-

Dad walked into the family room where Ethan, Taylor and I all sat. I knew something was up with mom and dad. I'm 14, I'm not stupid. He sat across from all of us with his hands put together and looked at us. Dad looked oddly tensed and stressed.

"I um-" he began, "Wanted to explain to you guys what's going on between Mom and me-"

"Are you two getting a divorce?" Ethan, my 8-year-old brother asked.

"Not exactly," Dad said.

"What's a divorce?" Taylor, my 5-year-old sister asked.

"If a mommy and daddy break up," I told her in 5-year-old terms. Dad nodded.

"No, we just um- I made a regrettable decision and so Mom and I are planning on repairing our relationship." I paused.

"W-what did you do dad?" I asked.

"I um-" He looked up at me knowing I would be the only one to truly understand it, "Was not loyal to your mother." My heart plummeted. He cheated on her.

"So you cheated on Mom?" I asked, my anger already commencing. He nodded. I sighed and sat back. "Why the hell would you do that?" I asked. Both my younger siblings looked at me somewhat in shock.

"I um-" he began, "I don't know."

"You don't know?" I snapped back, "When you're gone for your job months on end, Mom's the one here to make sure we're all safe and get fed and have a place to stay. When you're gone she's the only parental figure. So you 'forgot' about her?" I asked. He looked up and his eyes were glossy.

"Kennedy I-"

"The moment you forgot about Mom you forgot about us too," I said. I got up and left the room, slamming the door behind me out of anger and disgust.

-Your POV-

I heard a slam and put my book down briefly. I got up from our bed and walked to the door, opening it to see Kennedy rush into her room. I sighed, well aware she was probably the only one of our three kids to understand what was going on. "Ken?" I knocked on her door to hear he sniffle, "Can I come in?" She sighed.

"Fine." She grumbled. I slowly pushed open the door to see her face down on the bed crying.

"Baby," I sighed and sat next to her rubbing her back.

"Dad's so fucking selfish!" She sat up and said, "I'm just so- mad." I nodded.

"Sweetheart," I told her, "I know this is very difficult. Trust me, I'm upset with your father as well, but-" I didn't want the next words to come out but I knew they needed to, "Sometimes we just have to forgive." She sighed.

"Mom," She began, "Why don't you just leave dad?"

"What d'you mean?" I asked, somewhat confused.

"You're a strong female. Why not just leave him?" I sighed.

"Well," I began, "You know how my parents never got along right?" She nodded, "And how hard it was for me and your Uncle Joe and Aunt Reese?" She nodded again, "I- I don't want you and Ethan and Taylor to have to go through that too."

"Oh," She said, "That makes sense."

"I'm giving your dad a second chance. This is difficult for me too, trust me. But we'll get through it." I grabbed her hand. She nodded. I walked out of her room and into ours. Sebastian was on the foot of our bed. I slowly shut the door behind us. "How did it go with the other two?"

"Alright." He rubbed a hand over his face, "I don't think they completely understand."

"They are 8 and 5."

"Right." There were a few seconds of awkward silence, "I know it's not going to help but- I love you. And I forever and always will Y/N." I lightly looked up just enough so our eyes met, "And I made the worst decision of my life to go off and sleep with another woman." I lightly nodded.

"I forgive you," I said and looked down. He looked up.

"You do?" I quickly wiped a falling tear.

"You know what you did wrong. It's important to move on." He lightly smiled and got up slowly approaching me. Soon his hand was on my cheek and we both kissed. The first time we had since he had come home, which was when I found out about him cheating. "I could never stop loving you, Sebastian Stan."

"Neither could I Y/N Stan."