Ready (S.R.)

(A/N: I know this follows no Marvel storyline, at all, but it was an idea I had. So I made it into a one-shot. Hope you all enjoy)

As I was stirring the batter for my poundcake the radio subtly played some music to occupy my mind. The war was over, or so they said. But does war ever really end?

I knew I wouldn't be able to finish this cake alone. I doubt I would even get through a piece knowing myself. But the Johnson kids down the street could eat some of it. Most of it actually.

I drizzled the batter heavily into its pan before placing it in the oven. Gosh how much I love yet hate cooking. If you see cooking as a hobby, a past time if you will, then it's a wonderful art. However, if you see it as a sole woman's occupation then I would beg to differ.

I wiped my hands briefly on my apron before going to grab a book while I awaited the food to be done. Just then I heard a knock on the door. That's strange, I thought, I wasn't expecting anyone, was I?

I walked my way over to the door, maybe it's the mailman. But oh boy was it anything but that. "Steve?" I opened the door and he smiled back. "You're here!" I said and he laughed as I embraced him in a hug and kiss, pulling him in our apartment.

"I'm back home doll." He said once we released, he wiped a little bit of my red lipstick off, "I'm so happy to see you."

"I'm happy to see you too." I said and smiled, "But most importantly I'm happy that I have to no longer act like a pretty little housewife." He chuckled, understanding.

Welp, anyways, if you wanna know the real me than here ya go: My name's Y/N, a feminist in a time when feminism doesn't seem to exist. I hate the idea of being a housewife because women can do so much more, and my fiancee is Captain America. He's awesome actually, and very accepting and flexible to my views. Unlike most other men.

I quickly ran to the bathroom to remove my makeup and those stupid hairclips. "That looks a lot more like my Y/N." Steve smiled as I came out.

"Yeah, I know, I hate society."

"I know love," He said and kissed the top of my head, "You write about it daily." Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I'm a newspaper writer, but under the name Hank Richards, because apparently it's too much to publish a woman's work under a woman's name. "Speaking of, you need to update me on your works." Steve was also in complete support of me doing all this.

"Oh, I will," I said and smiled as he grabbed my waist again for another kiss. "But first, I want to hear about the great stories that America's favorite Captain America brought for me." I smiled.

"You may have to ask him another time," He responded, "Because Steve Rogers is here now."

"Fair enough," I said, "Oh also," I said running to get the cake, "I made cake." Steve smiled.

"It was like you knew I was coming home." I smiled back. After a few moments of silence, I finally spoke up.

"Steve," I began and he looked at me, "I know you just came back and all, but I've wanted to talk to you about this," He stood next to me with his hand on the small of my back, "I think I want to start a family." I looked up at him. He looked shocked. After what seemed like an eternity of silence I finally said something, "Please say something."

"I um-" He began, "I would love to have a family with you." He smiled, "But I want to wait. Until after we're married and everything from the war has been cleared up." I nodded.

"Whenever you're ready, I'm ready."

Chris Evans/Sebastian Stan Characters One-Shots and ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara