High Confidence (S.R.)

"C' mere my poor baby," I told Steve as he sat down on our bed. I grabbed our first aid kit and began putting some alcohol on a washcloth. "Was it a rough mission again?" I asked as I partially straddled his lap so I could get better access to his face. He nodded slightly. I dabbed some of the alcohol on his forehead where a few of the cuts were, resulting in his hissing noise. "I know it hurts, but we gotta do it, Stevie."

"I know." he sighed.

"Wanna talk about the mission? It'll distract you from this."

"No," He lightly smiled, "It was rough."

"Okay then," I said and continued my work, "Then tell me about the first time we met." He chuckled and smiled, well aware he told me this story at least once a week.

"It was 5 years ago," he began, "I was lost around SHIELD. I had just come out of the ice. I had been wandering for at least 15 minutes," He chuckled at himself, "And then I turned around the corner and saw the most gorgeous woman I had ever seen." I lightly blushed at his words, "She was so beautiful and kind and asked me if I needed help. I was so taken aback by how pretty she was so I stuttered, and then she helped me find my way around." I smiled at the thought too as I wrapped up on his cuts.

"See it wasn't so bad," I told him, backing up. He smiled up at me before kissing me and holding my waist.

"You're still so beautiful." He said after letting go. I turned bright red.

"And you don't call yourself a flirt, ironically." I got off of him to go and put some of the first aid stuff away. "Now get ready, Tony has his event tonight." Steve sighed, "I don't really want to go either, but it's Stark Industries' biggest event of the year. There's even a red carpet," I rolled my eyes, "And we are required to go."

.

"Steven!" I snapped as I covered his cuts and bruises with foundation, "Stop fussing."

"But I don't like it doll." He complained.

"Yeah well, you're gonna," I said back as he sighed in defeat. "Now go change," I said as I finished off. "I have to do my own makeup."

"But you look beautiful already."

"Thank you," I responded, "But as my boyfriend, you are legally required to say that."
.
"How do I look?" I asked and strutted our as Steve was cuffing his suit. He looked up and his mouth dropped.

"You look-" He paused and looked at me up and down. "Incredible." I smiled. I had a long black dress on with a slit open in the middle with black stilettos and my hair in large waves, my makeup done naturally.

"Thanks." I smiled back and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "Ready?" I asked and he nodded as I took his hand.
.
Of course we got there and immediately we're greeted by paparazzi. "I hate them." I muttered to Steve.

"So do I." He muttered back. Of course we put on our best smiled as we walked my, his hand on the small of my back. Neither of us were big on PDA.

We reached the top of the stairs and were greeted by Tony. "And, of course, America's favorite couple: Captain America and Storm."

"Thanks Tony." Steve said and shook his hand.

"Its a pleasure." I said and hugged him, kissing Peppers cheek. I had no idea how that woman put up with him.

Steve and I went and got drinks before going to talk to Nat, Sam, and Bucky. Within our conversation everyone heard a scream and some rumbling. "Shit." I mumbled. We all looked at each other and knew what it was time to do.

The clattering continued until A piece of the ceiling came tumbling down (thankfully hitting no one). "Run!" Steve yelled and of course, everyone listened.

I slipped off my shoes and darted, Steve close behind me. We made it out just in time, but he still hunched over me to protect me from any falling rubble. "You alright?" He groaned.

"I should be asking you." I got up as I saw he got hit in the back with a piece of rubble.

"Fine." He groaned and sat up. I grabbed his hand to yank it up. While everyone stood wondering what the hell was going on, we all saw a familiar figure. "Loki." Steve said and we all looked at each other again.

"Hey guys," Clint, Scott, Thor, and Tony all came panting from elsewhere after running to us. "I'm assuming you've figure it out." We nodded.

"You will all kneel to me!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes, wanting to really laugh. So, naturally, I hit him with a bolt of lighting making him fall.

"Did you just-" Bucky began.

"Hit him with a lighting bolt so he would fall? Yes." Bucky smirked.

"But that's my job!" Thor exclaimed.

"Too slow." I smirked as he pouted. "So, is my job done here?" I asked everyone. Steve rolled his eyes.

"We might need to detain him too-"

"Well cant all of you do that?" I pointed to them, "I mean, I defeated the bad guy. Single handily."

"Y/N-" Steve warned.

"Yes Stevie?" I asked and smiled.

"I mean she's not wrong-" Tony butted in, "And I kinda like the attitude."

"See Stevie," I said and smiled, "Other people like my attitude."

We eventually all went over to get Loki. Detaining him was barely a challenge, if you would even call it one. "Y/N," Steve spoke up and I turned to him, "A word."

"Oooooooh," Bucky smiled, "Someone's in troubleeeeeee."

"Shut it Bucky," I spat back, "Before I do it for you." I followed Steve around a corner where he pulled me to him.

"What the hell was that?" He asked.

"What?" I asked back, giving my best innocent eyes.

"Don't play stupid Y/N," Steve said firmly, "You need to be more respectful of everyone." I rolled my eyes.

"I just saved you all."

"But you didn't have to rub it in!"

"Are you jealous?" I asked him and gasped, "That I could do it by myself."

"No," He sighed.

"Because if you are I could give you a few tips about it, oh and about how to not have dripping foundation on your face." I wiped some of the spot off of his cheek. He rolled his eyes.