Dreams (S.S.)

I was awoken by the alarming ring of Seb's phone, and soon thereafter the groans of said man. I rolled over a little to get more comfortable in hopes of falling back asleep again. "Hello?" Sebastian asked in a raspy voice, "What is it Mama?" he asked again. This time I sat up well aware of what would come next. "Mama you can't keep calling me to talk to Y/N about your dreams at 2:30 a.m." He sighed, "Fine here she is."

"Hey Georgeta," I said as positively as I could.

"Y/N? Y/N?" She asked.

"Yes, this is me."

"I've been having more dreams about..." Then she went on for 15 minutes about this repeated dream she called at least once a week to ask me about. This was the downside of being a psychology major.

"Mhm," I mumbled along, "Alright." All I wanted to do was to fall asleep, like Sebastian already had. "Well, like I've said before, it's probably changed. Reoccurring dreams mean your brain can't handle the amount of change so it's almost like it's giving off warning signals."

"Then what should I do?" She asked, her thick Romanian accent coming in.

"Try and minimize change over the next few weeks and maintain a schedule." Then she went on about the countless thoughts and superstitions she had. All of which I said could be true, but can not be psychologically proven.

"Thank you Y/N. Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I responded and hung up. Right next to me I could hear Sebastian chuckling. "Shut up." I told him, "This is your mother I have to deal with."

"She loves you for this reason though."

"The sacrifices we make," I said and crawled back under the covers. Soon, Sebastian engulfed my tiny frame into his larger one and we both drifted off to sleep again.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and wandered down to the kitchen where Sebastian was making it. "Goodmorning beautiful." He smiled.

"Morning Sebby." I smiled back and gave him a quick kiss.

"Sorry about my mom and her dreams." He sighed.

"It's fine," I rubbed my eyes, "It's not your fault. And the poor woman sounded like she was nearing a panic attack."

"Romanian superstition." He smiled.

"Should've known before I started dating one." He nudged me a little and handed me my coffee, "Just saying."

"My mother does give you a lot of credit for basically being her psychologist though."

"Yeah, I'm a gateway to answer all her questions."

"Basically." He took a sip of his. "Speaking of she wants to have dinner with us next week."

"Sounds great." I said as we walked up the stairs to change, "Where?"

"Probably her apartment."

"Let me guess she wants me to bring my apple pie again?"

"She asked me on the phone yesterday if you would." He smiled, "Granted everything you make is delicious." I blushed slightly at his comment.

"Thank you, Sebby. I'm still gonna have to teach you to cook though."

"I know," he sighed, "When we actually have time."

"Maybe you'll actually help me make a pie for your mother." He smiled.

"I promise." He kissed the top of my head.

We got changed quickly and went out on our morning runs. They usually didn't last longer than a minute, and halfway through we would always take a break. Not for Sebastian, he could go the entire way, but for me. A short 15 minutes in though, and he got a call. We moved to the side of the busy New York City sidewalk so he could take it. "Yes Mama?" he panted into the phone. He rolled his eyes and looked at me. "She wants to talk to you, again." I sighed and took the phone.

"Y/N, Y/N the dream it wasn't the end-" Then she went on for five minutes about what else happened. Sebastian was being very impatient and making hand gestures to try to get me to hurry up. I ended up snapping my fingers at him, which was enough to get him to stop.

"Georgeta I think it is just the sudden change and nothing else. Maybe try and keep yourself on a schedule for the next few weeks, and everything should be fine alright?"

"Okay, thank you Y/N! You're such a blessing!"

"You're welcome, Georgeta." I light smiled and she hung up. Sebastian finally let out a long groan. "You act like it's my fault your mother is this way." We continued our run.

"You've just enabled it." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm trying to be nice to my boyfriend's mother."

"It's worked for her," he said, "But not as much me."

"Sebastian Stan I will trip you right now if you continue to complain about your mother." He sighed.

"Fine."

"Besides, I have a psychology degree. I basically signed on to have this happen when I met your mother and her superstition."

"I don't know how many countless times I've told her different things like coffee grounds don't tell you if you're going to die or not." I lightly chuckled.

"Your mother is high maintenance, but you know you love her."

"I do," He sighed, "But not nearly as much as she loves you."