Dress shopping (S.R.)

Y/S/N: Your superhero name

"I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so excited!" Wanda said over and over.

"You're more excited for this than I am," I said from the back row of the car, "Which is shocking considering I am the bride."

"But we're shopping for your dress!" She squealed, "And you're marrying Captain America."

"Y/N Rogers," Nat said out loud, "It just rolls off your tongue." I blushed as the two elaborated on the thought.

"C'mon you two calm down," Pepper said, "This is Y/N's day remember?"

"We're here!" Wanda squealed again as the driver pulled to the side and the four of us got out. The shop was chic, covered in white, gold, and rose gold. It was honestly a girl's dream as the four of us soon figured out.

"Appointment for Y/L/N?" Nat said politely as the woman at the front desk smiled and ran back to get your consultant.

"Hi everyone!" A cheery 20-something blonde came out. She looked like a damn model. "I'm Lindsey, I'll be your consultant!" She said cheerfully, "So who's the lucky bride!" Everyone looked at me and smiled.

"I am," I said and smiled.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you." She shook my hand.

"You as well."

"So do you have any ideas for what you would like in a dress?"

"I want something that's not poofy for sure, that shapes my body," I began, "And maybe a little sexy, but definitely not over the top. Lace too, I love lace. And pure white or a slightly off white. Also, a mermaid gown, if possible."

"Well, it looks like someone's been doing their research." She smiled and I lightly nodded.

"I have a whole Pinterest board that has become an addiction." We all laughed.

"Well let me pour you ladies some champagne and we can begin your fitting!" And Lindsey did as she promised. She got us all some champagne and began sifting through dresses, picking out my first six to try on initially.

The first few didn't wow anyone. They were simple and chic, but none of them were the one that I could see myself marrying Steve in. Finally, we found the one.

It was a gorgeous off white lace dress, mermaid style just like I wanted. It honestly showed off more cleavage than I thought I initially wanted, but I really thought I looked good in it. So I walked out for the others to see.

"Oh, my-" Wanda began, "That's it. That is the dress." She smiled.

"You look so gorgeous." Pepper gasped.

"Steve is going to rip that in half," Nat smirked and I rolled my eyes. "Oh, perfect time, Bucky is calling." She smiled and answered. It was a FaceTime, as I assumed all the guys except Steve wanted to see how we were doing. "Hey Buck, what's up?" She asked.

"We were just calling to see how it was going," He said, "And the dress if you guys have one picked out

"We were just calling to see how it was going," He said, "And the dress if you guys have one picked out. Everyone wants to see it, except Steve of course."

"I want to see it!" I could hear Steve in the background say. I chuckled.

"Yeah well, you can't punk." Bucky fired back. Nat smiled before turning the camera so he could see me.

"She's so pretty isn't she." I smiled.

"Hi, Bucky," I said and waved.

"Damn," I could hear him say, "Steve you better watch your girl." I went and sat next to Nat so I could see all of them. Apparently Bucky took a screenshot to show the other guys. Clint whistled soon after.

"You look really great Y/N." Bruce smiled.

"Steve is red, he's mad." Sam winked, "But you look sexy."

"Stop it." I could hear Steve say from the back.

"Alright, children stop blushing over our two lovers. Steve looks like he's about to rip all of you to pieces."

"He'll do that to the dress too once he sees it." Bucky smiled.

"That's what I said too." Nat smiled back. "Alright well, we gotta go. Bye guys!"

"Bye." They all said before hanging up.

"So when can we get this altered?" I asked Lindsey.

"Well that may be the problem," She cringed at her own words, "This designer doesn't do anything above a size 2."

"I'm- I'm a size 6 though, that's not much over though."

"Maybe you'll just have to lose weight than," She snapped looking up and down my body, "It wouldn't hurt." I was on the verge of tears as everyone close to me knew my weight was my largest insecurity.

"Alright," Pepper stood up, "I don't think you know who this woman is marrying, but have you heard of Captain America?" She nodded, "Yeah, he's the one." Her face dropped.

"So then you must be-"

"Y/S/N." I finished.

"And your-"

"Pepper Potts, CEO of Stark Industries and wife of Tony Stark." She smiled. "So I would like the card for this designer to give them a nice call. Because this gorgeous woman in front of us gets the dress she wants for her wedding day. And they will make an exception for her." She smirked.

"O-of course Ma'am." Lindsey stuttered and ran to the back to get a card. Nat and Wanda stared in awe.

Once she came back we paid for the consultation and were on our way. Pepper scheduled in the car to have a call with the designer in the net 3 days to get my dress. "Thank you, Pepper," I said, "I'm really sorry dragging you into this I-"

"Babe this is your wedding day. You don't get a do-over," She smiled, "I will do anything in my power to make it picture-perfect for you and Steve."

We got back to the tower and were greeted by all the boys. Steve came up to me and gave me a quick kiss, wrapping his arm around me. "How'd it go here?" I asked him.

"Other than everyone drooling over you, not bad." I lightly chuckled as him and I walked back to his apartment in the tower.

All night I couldn't stop thinking about what Lindsey said. I mean, she was probably right. It wouldn't hurt at all to lose weight. Steve had told me over and over that, he thought I was the most beautiful woman, and didn't need to change a single thing. "You alright Y/N?" Steve asked as we sat next to each other in bed. I was staring off into space.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lightly smiled and nodded.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Honestly?" He nodded, "When we were dress shopping today, the girl who was helping us told me I couldn't get the dress that everyone was so excited over."

"Why?" he asked.

"I'm too big." He gave a confused look. "I'm a size 6. The designer only makes size 2s."

"Well, why don't you contact them?"

"Pepper is. But then she told me it wouldn't hurt to lose a few pounds-"

"You don't need to lose any weight," Steve told me, "You're the most gorgeous woman I've ever met. Every inch of you is perfect. And if you want to lose weight for you then do that. But if you're doing it for someone else than don't. You're perfect as is."

"Thanks Stevie." I smiled and blushed. He smiled back and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Judging by the guy's reactions, I can say you look stunning in the dress. Even without seeing it." He leaned back, collapsing on his pillow. I blushed more.

"I hope I do."

"Will it really make me rip it in half?" he asked and we both chuckled.

"We'll find that out on our wedding day won't we," I smirked and laid next to him.