When the time's right (B.B.)

"It came back negative, again." I came in the door and shut it as Bucky looked up from the book he was reading. He sighed.

"It's okay doll. We'll try again." I could feel some tears begin brewing.

"Buck we've tried at least half a dozen times." I wiped my eye, "I don't know how much longer before I give up."

"Oh doll," He said and hugged me, "It'll happen one day. When it's time." I began crying. "It's okay," he soothed me and rubbed the back of my head, "When the time is right it'll happen."

"Bucky I-" I paused to wipe a few tears, "I really want to be a mom so bad!" I said and began crying more.

"I know Y/N, I know." He began soothing me again, "But we'll keep on trying okay?" I nodded.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise." He smiled.

.

"Hey Stevie." I gave Steve a hug as he arrived at our apartment.

"Hey Y/N." His small frame waved.

"Still trying to get in the army I see." I smiled as I saw the papers which he stuffed in his pockets. He put a finger to his mouth, he knew Bucky would get upset if he found out, and I winked in approval.

"Punk." Bucky greeted Steve.

"Jerk." He said right back as the two hugged. I rolled my eyes at their immaturity.

"How's it coming along?" Steve asked me, well aware that Bucky and I were trying for a baby.

"Not great," I admitted, "It's negative after negative after negative test."

"I'm sorry Y/N," Steve lightly smiled and I smiled back, "I'm sure it'll happen one day."

"Thanks Stevie." I responded, "So how's your love life going." He chuckled.

"Nonexistent." He said, "Do you really think any girl would want a guy like me?"

"Sure they would," I said and got some water from the faucet.

"Really?" He asked with hope.

"I know a few who would. If you want to meet with one I can set you two up."

"And the matchmaker comes out once again." Bucky swung his arm around me.

"And why are you complaining?" I asked.

"I'm not, just making an observation." He smirked and I elbowed his side. "You know you're gonna miss me." I nodded.

"You better come back in one piece James Buchanan Barnes."

"Yes ma'am." He smiled and saluted as I continued dinner.

-1 year later-

I heard a knock at the door as I was battling between dinner and Winny. I quickly put her down in her crib and made my way to the door. I looked up and met his eyes. "Bucky?" I asked.

"Hello doll." He smiled.

"Oh my God." I mumbled as he scooped me up in a hug, "You're home." I smiled.

"Yeah I am." He sighed. He finally put me down. I looked up at him and brushed his cheek before we kissed, a very needed kiss. "I promised you I would." I lightly chuckled remembering he did. Then we heard the baby cry, and he gave me a confused look.

"Oh yeah," I pulled away for a minute as he shut the door. I picked her up and walked back with her in my arms. The moment we turned the corner Buckys face dropped. "This is your daughter." I walked up to him with her. He immediately looked at her unsure what to do.

"She so beautiful." He said and admired how.

"I know." I smiled.

"What's her name."

"Winnifred Elizabeth Barnes." His face dropped again.

"After my mother?" He asked me as his eyes turned glossy. I nodded.

"Want to hold her?" I asked him and he nodded. I slowly passed her off as he began cradling her.

"Hello angel." He finally let out, "I'm your daddy." He smiled as she began letting out little noises. "She's so incredible." He smiled even brighter.

Just then we heard another knock on the door. I went to retrieve it, and was greeted by an extremely muscular man. More so than Buck. I looked up though and saw the recognizable face. "Steve?" I questioned.

"Hey Y/N."

"W-what happened?" I asked.

"I joined the army." He smiled. I slowly nodded in confusion. I moved out of the way so he could come in. "Wait," He began and saw Bucky, "You-" I nodded and smiled. He smiled back. "I'm really happy for you Y/N." He hugged me.

"Thanks Stevie." I hugged back. He carefully walked over to where Bucky was rocking her. It was actually pretty funny to see the two men admiring this little baby.

"This is your Uncle Steve," Bucky introduced her, "He's a punk."

"James Buchanan Barnes!" I snapped. Immediately after Winny broke out crying. Bucky froze unsure of what to do or how to react. His face turned to fear, I chuckled in response. "C'mere baby." I told her and took her out of Bucky's arms. "I know, baby it's okay." I smiled at her and she immediately calmed down.

"That was magic." Bucky said in amazement.

"Yeah it was." Steve added on. I rolled my eyes at the two.

"Just wait until tonight Bucky." I smiled and place her back in her crib. He gave a confused look. "She cries until 2:30 am." His face went blank again. "I'll teach you it's fine."

"But-" He began, "Aren't the mother's supposed to do that?" I laughed.

"Oh sweetheart," I stood right in front of him, "If you thought I was going to do all that then you married the wrong woman." His face went blank again.

"She does have a point." Steve said. Bucky rolled his eyes.

"Now c'mon Buck," I asked him, "It's about time you learn how to do laundry to."