Apologies (R.D.)

I wandered into Ransom's walk-in attempting to find one of his cashmere sweaters. I mean, his entire closet was cashmere sweaters, but some were softer and warmer than others. I grabbed a light red one and threw it on. I wandered back out to where Ransom was already sunk in bed. "Another one?" He smirked. I smiled, nodding.

I climbed into bed on my side, right next to him. He lazily put his arm around and put on the TV, casually searching for a movie. His grandfather's birthday party was in a week, and he always got stressed about his family. Not that I blamed him, they treated him like shit.

He chose a classic James Bond, something both of us could easily agree on. Within minutes he had taken my legs and swung them over his lap. His hand was rubbing through my hair as I settled my head onto his broad bare shoulder.

I could feel how tense he was. I knew he was thinking about them. "Babe," I said, "You need to relax." He sighed.

"It can be kinda hard to do that sometimes." He chuckled. I huffed.

"Fine," I said and got out of bed.

"Where are you going?" he asked as if accusing me.

"To run you and me a bath." I smiled and went to his master bathroom. I ran the water warm, on the verge of hot, and added some lavender. I added some bubbles too.

I came back out a few minutes later. "The baths almost ready," He smirked and got out of bed just in his sweatpants and followed me to the bathroom. Along the way he slapped my ass, making me yelp. I looked back to see that dumb smug smirk on his face.

"Little ass," I muttered and tried to trip him along the way, which failed and only resulted in him laughing at me. We got in the tub together, my back against his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "How'd you feel better."

"Like heaven," he smiled. Ransom would never admit it, but I knew exactly what all his soft likings were. One of them being bubble baths.

"Wanna tell me what you're so stressed about with your family?" I asked and played with his fingers. His head set back on the back of the tub as he sighed.

"I just have a feeling," He began, "That my grandfather's going to do something."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Cut all his funds to me." I lightly turned around.

"I mean," I sighed, "As much as I love to be the on the bright side person, it is a possibility."

"I just don't know what to do."

"Well," I began, "As much as I'm sure you'll hate to hear this, you'll need to get a job."

"But I don't have a college degree." He sighed again.

"Then get one," I said, "You have all the time in the world. Set some money aside and do it online."

"Do I have to?"

"It's called adulting Ransom," I sighed, "Listen, I'm a teacher. I make $60 thousand a year which is a lot for a teacher. If you save up some and I start paying for a lot of what we have, we'll be able to keep our heads above water. But Ransom, your last name is Drysdale. Anyone would want to hire you, you just need a degree to get a six-figure job."

"Fine," He sighed, "I'll do it."

"Thank you." I smiled and kissed him. "Now I think it's time we get out, it's getting cold." He nodded and got out first, helping me out and wrapping me in a towel. "I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too." He said and gave me a kiss on the head.

-One week later-

Ransom and I, of course, took his BMW to the party, his prized possession. "Baby you're going 90 in a 70."

"What?" He asked innocently, "Is there a problem?" I rolled my eyes.

"You're going too fast."

"You're point is?"

"Ransom," I stated, "This speed is dangerous. It's too fast."

"So you don't like it when I go fast?"

"No," I stated.

"You screaming my name last night sent another message." He smirked.

"Hugh!" I slapped his arm, "You are a dick sometimes." I smiled admitting it was kind of funny.

"I don't need a reminder," He sighed, "I'll be told that in about 10 minutes when we get there."

He parked his car in the front as usual and we both got out. We walked up to the door, him letting me in first, being gentlemanly (which took me some time to teach him).

"Y/N, darling!" Linda said and smiled as she hugged me, "How are you?"

"I'm doing great Linda, how are you?"

"Better now that you're here!" She smiled. "Hello, Ransom." He nodded and took my hand, leading me to the other room. We were in the large family room gathering. I saw Marta at the doorway. I smiled at her, she lightly smiled back.

"I'll be right back." I whispered to Ransom and went up to her to say him, "Hey babe!" I greeted her and gave her a hug.

"Hey Y/N." She said and lightly smiled.

"How've things been going with you?"

"Everything's the same," She sighed. I nodded, "You and Ransom are still together?" I nodded, "It's been two years right?" She asked.

"Yeah," I smiled, "I'm just as shocked as you are." She lightly chuckled.

"He seems... difficult." She added on.

"At times yes," I said, "But at others he honestly just like a teddy bear. He just covers it up though." She nodded.

Shortly after that, we were greeted with champagne and Mr. Thrombley coming to greet Ransom and I. "Hello Ransom," He said and looked at him, "Y/N." He smiled and gave me a half hug.

"Hello, Mr. Thrombley." I smiled.

"Oh please, just Harlan." He looked back at Ransom, "May I talk to you?" He nodded as the two went into the office. I resided back to the family room, where a fight quickly broke out about who knows what. So I stood off to the side with Meg and Marta as we discussed whatever came to mind.

Then we all heard yelling from Harlan's office. Everyone's head turned to the door then to me, as if I knew what to do. I just stared blankly until Ransom came storming out and grabbing his coat. I put my glass down and speed-walked over as the argument resumed with the rest of the family.

"Ransom?" I asked calmly.

"We're going," he said firmly walking to the door.

"Oh, um okay," I said. I quickly waved bye to his family and apologized grabbing my coat and following him. "What the hell was the Ransom?" I asked once he began driving away.

"I was right," He began, "I was so fucking right."

"About what?" I asked and he scoffed.

"That bastard did take away all my funds!" I sighed.

"Maybe it's not a bad thing babe-"

"So now you too are going to justify his actions?"

"Ransom just listen-"

"No, you listen!" He interrupted, "I provide us with this life of luxury. You work which is great but I'm the one who buys us all the nice shit we have! And now we're not going to be able to do that."

"Ok first, those are things Ransom, and second, don't you dare interrupt me again." I began, "Ransom, you're going to have to get a job. Whether you like it or not. Do you want to keep that lifestyle you were talking about? Then keep it, but you're going to have to earn it." He sighed and had no response, which is his way of saying 'you're right'.

We got back to the house. He didn't even bother letting me in, just letting his self in. I followed him as he stomped upstairs and shut the bathroom to take a shower. I let him, getting into sweatpants and a t-shirt. He came out about half an hour later in his own sweatpants. He stood there for a few seconds before speaking. "I'm sorry." He said and crossed his arms, "You were right and I shouldn't have interrupted you." I nodded.

"It's alright." I said and sat up in bed, "I forgive you." He sat next to me on his side and immediatly put me in an entrancing kiss, making it last quite long. Soon enough I was under him as he viciously attacked me with his lips. This would be my favorite part of his apology.