Nice and Pretty Pt. 2 (S.R.)

Just like Steve promised, he was at my door to pick me up at 7 pm sharp. He told me to dress nice, which meant a dress that went slightly above my knee. It was a beautiful blue color that I paired with a pair of flats (heels were never my thing).

I opened the door and smiled up at him. He smiled back at me and handed me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. "Thank you so much Steve!" I said and placed them on my counter. "Ready to go?"

"Whenever you are." He responded. He led me to his truck, which as he put it wasn't the most "romantic car" but I couldn't care any less.

He brought us to a great restaurant, and we talked for hours, basically until closing. The food was delicious, and he insisted on paying. Because it was so late at night when we finished up, he brought me back to my place and led me to my door. "Thank you so much for tonight Steve. I enjoyed it a lot."

"So did I." He smiled. "I'll call you later?"

"Call me." I smiled back.

"Good night Y/N."

"Night Steve."

-3 years later-

"Cece!" I called upstairs.

"Yeah Mom?" She responded and came running down.

"It's time for school. Dads taking you today." I said and handed her her lunch which she gratefully grabbed.

"Ready kiddo?" He asked her. She nodded as the two headed out.

Steve came back a short 20 minutes later as I was cleaning up from breakfast. "How's my beautiful wife?" He asked and came and smiled. "And second child?" He placed his hand on my swollen stomach holding a 38 week old baby.

"Swollen and good." I smiled. He kissed my head.

"I'll massage your feet later. I promise." He smiled and helped put the dishes in the dishwasher. It was a difficulty to bend down to say the least. Once he was done with that he was off to work.

"Can you send me some work, please?" I begged him.

"Honey, you're on maternity leave."

"I know but I can still work from home." He sighed.

"Fine, I'll see what I can do. I'll ask Fury."

"Thank you," I smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too doll. Now I gotta go." He said and left.

I hated maternity leave. Which is not something most women say. It was the fact I couldn't work, I didn't always have something to occupy my time. I was just so bored.

About an hour later, Steve sent a few files to my email and said Fury would allow me to work on them. I gladly accepted and continued my process, which apparently last a long time, as Steve rolled in from work at 2. "Hi Stevie." I called out and he smiled.

"Hi Y/N/N." He came over and gave me a quick kiss as I continued laying on the couch.

.

Later that night I was laying in bed with Steve. Cece was already down for bed. Steve began tracing around my stomach and talking to the baby, which was pretty adorable. He also massaged my feet, which was much needed by the swelling. "This is gonna be a big baby you commented." Judging by the size of my stomach, I could easily be having twins. He nodded. "I just want him to pop out already." He nodded again and chuckled. Placing his hand on my stomach, resulting in the baby kicking. I grunted and Steve removed his hand.

"Someone needs to be a little nicer to mommy." He said to my stomach.

"He's gonna be just like his father and won't listen." I looked at Steve. He rolled his eyes.