Family birthday (C.E.)

(A/N: Request by RIV3RRR.)

"Chris, could you take the kids around while I grab some groceries, please? I'll keep Ty." You asked your large husband, who had your oldest, Brooke's, hand in his and your middle child, Matthew, on his hip.

"Yeah, of course." He smiled, giving you a quick kiss before walking them to what you presumed to be towards the toy section.

You and your youngest, Tyler, went off to begin grocery shopping. He was placed in the sitting section of the cart, smiling up at you with his big one and a half-year-old smile. "Are you excited baby?" You cooed at him as he began clapping his hand and giggling, "Yeah buddy, you get to help mommy shop for groceries."

You made your way through the produce section, grabbing lots of fruits and vegetables that you would make sure your kids ate. You grabbed some additional protein shakes for Chris, you knew he drank them often.

Next, you grabbed a few small snacks and chips for the kids. Those you would throw in their lunches, or if there was a busy after school schedule and dinner was late. You added the typical milk, baking goods, meat, and everything that you would need to make dinner, thoroughly checking off your list at every item, and adding a few small things along the way.

While you were on your mission of feeding the family, Chris was in the toy aisle having a lightsaber fight with Brooke and Matt. "Can we get these?" Brooke pleaded, pouting with her bottom lip, "Please daddy?" Chris sighed, looking down at the two puppy dog faces the kids presented effortlessly.

"Fine," He sighed, "But don't tell mommy."

The three of them made their way to the grocery section, trying to find you to check-in. "Daddy?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, bud?" He looked back briefly.

"Can we get ice cream?" Chris sighed.

"I don't think so Matty, mommy probably wouldn't like that."

"Please?" The kids asked in tandem, once again using their puppy faces.

"Fine," He reluctantly nodded, getting two pints of cookies and cream.

They eventually found you and Tyler grabbing some spices and seasonings you were almost out of. "Hey, babies." You greeted them. Looking up, your husband was holding two lightsabers and two pints of ice cream, making you place your hand on your hip and sigh.

"They really wanted them. I couldn't say no." He attempted to defend himself.

"Add them," You huffed. "But no more, Christopher. Okay?" He nodded.

"Yes Ma'am," He said and gave you a quick kiss, "What else can I do?"

"Just take them and continue entertaining them," You lightly smiled, "I'm almost done." He nodded smiling back and gave Tyler a quick kiss before grabbing the other two and once again going to the toy aisle.

-Your POV-

I quickly ran back to the bakery aisle as well. The kids were going to make a cake for Chris' birthday, or so attempt to. Of course, I didn't expect much of it, but one of Chris' favorite things was when the kids did anything for it. Whether it be a success of failure, he loved to see them try, and the thought behind it of course.

After the full day of shopping fun, we had the kids assist us in putting groceries away, which mainly meant Chris lifting them on his shoulders to reach the top cabinets. "Got it bubs?" He asked Matt who comfortably sat on him, placing some baking powder on a shelf that even caused Chris to reach up quite a bit.

"Yup!" He said with great accomplishment. Chris slowly lifted him down onto the floor.

"Great job, man." He said and gave him a high five before Matt went off to play with his sister. "And how's Mama Evans?" He asked me, giving a kiss to the top of my head.

"As good as I can be," I smiled and helped Tyler with his applesauce.

"Great," He leaned down to where Ty was in his high chair, "Let's try not to throw up on mama again? Huh, bud?" I scoffed.

"He's just like his father, he won't listen." Chris rolled his eyes and playfully slapped my behind, causing me to yelp.

"I'm gonna find the other two munchkins."

"You go do that." I prompted and continued the assignment of snack time for our youngest.

-The next day-

It's Chris's birthday. So of course, that meant it was time for kids to make the cake, cards, and presents. I had specifically had Scott set up an agenda for him and his brother to last a few hours, so the kids and I had time for everything. Chris was reluctant at first, insisting he just wanted to spend time with us, but I counter insisted he go and enjoy his time. Get a brief break from the chaos that was the Evans' household.

"C'mon kiddos," I gathered them all in the kitchen, "We gotta make a cake and cards for daddy."

"I wanna put a dog on mine! Dodger maybe." Brooke nearly shouted.

"Do that sweetie, daddy will love it I'm sure." I smiled and she smiled back, "But remember, we gotta use our inside voices okay?" She nodded her head in response, getting up to retrieve her coloring supplies.

"I'm gonna draw a dinosaur!" Matt added on too, Brooke coming back from receiving the bin of colorful supplies.

"Gah!" Tyler said, obviously wanting to get involved despite the language barrier. I smiled at the three of them.

"Alright, let's finish his cards then we can bake a cake."

It only took about 15 minutes for them to finish cards and sign them, Tyler just scribbling at the bottom, and me writing his names in parentheses. I got a separate card for him, wrote him a nice note, and signed my own name.

The cake process started out pretty smoothly. It was just a matter of mixing wet and dry. Brooke insisted on cracking the eggs by herself, which she managed to do with only a little bit of the shell falling in. She was in charge of wet ingredients, I trusted her more with those considering she was older, and Matt was in charge of the dry. Tyler just sat off to the side and made random noises, he acted as the cheerleader.

We also managed to successfully place the wet into the dry, the two of them alternating mixing before carefully placing it into a greased pan and into the oven. They also did a good job of cleaning up, despite some of their negativity towards the job of cleaning. Then I put Ty down for a brief nap while the other two snacked and watched some TV.

"The cake's ready sweeties," I told the oldest two who jumped off of the couch and sprinted to the kitchen. There, they began dunking various tools in frosting and icing the cake to the best of their abilities. After that, they decorated it with some sprinkles and such, before carefully moving it onto a platter. "Good job guys!" I smiled.

"Do you think daddy will like it?" Brooke asked.

"I think daddy will absolutely love it," I responded, and got the two of them out of their now dirty clothes into fresh ones.

"I'm home!" We heard Chris come in from the front door, then walk into the kitchen where the four of us were.

"Happy birthday!" Matt and Brooke shouted.

"Bah!" Ty added on. Chris overly gasped.

"Oh my!" He said and looked between the kids and the cake, "Did you guys make this for me?"

"Yeah, daddy!" Matt said.

"We did it all by ourselves," Brooke added.

"You did?" He asked them. They both nodded. "Thank you, guys. It looks incredible!"

"Alright, we'll eat that after dinner at your parents," I added on.

"C'mon kiddos lets go." Chris helped them get ready, and then put them in the car. Then he walked up to me and smiled. "Thank you." He smiled down at me, giving me a long kiss.

"Happy birthday, love."