Mr. Steve Pt. 2 (S.R.)

Life was good for a long while between Steve, Violet, and me. I was genuinely shocked at how fast Violet had become accustomed to Steve. It took her a few months, but she had grown to trust him after he had proved to her he could be trusted. "Mr. Steve?" She asked him as she sat in his lap.

"Yeah Vi?" He asked her, playing with the small strands of her light brown hair.

"Why do you have to go again?"

"It's for work sweetie," He said, "I have to go."

"To save the world?" He nodded, "Oh, okay." You could see him smile at her approval.

"Vivi? Steve? Will you two set the table for dinner please?" The two of them nodded, getting up, and beginning to place plates and silverware around our small kitchen table. I brought over the platter of chicken I had made for dinner, along with a few sides, as the two of them settled in.

"So how was preschool today sweetheart?" I asked her as Steve helped plate her food.

"It was super good," She said, beginning to attempt to cut her food.

"What did you do?" Steve added on.

"We colored, and played, and continued counting."

"Counting?" Steve asked, almost as if completely intrigued by the idea of counting.

"Yeah! It's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, eleven, ten, twelve, nine..." Steve had to visibly hold in a laugh, I did too. "That's counting."

"Good job sweetie." I sighed and lightly smiled. "We'll continue working on it." She nodded, proud of herself.

The conversation continued, Steve talking about his day without giving really any details due to how high ranked he was. He had to do the same with his missions, he couldn't just come home and tell me what happened. It was too much of a liability, which I understood.

Steve and I got up to begin doing the dishes, Violet putting her plate on the counter before running off to play. "I hate having to go on missions so often." Steve sighed and placed a few of the plates in our dishwasher, "It sucks being away from the two of you." You nodded.

"I know," You sighed, handing him another plate from where you were washing off excess food in the sink, "But duty calls."

"I was thinking," He closed the dishwasher, leaning against the counter, "I think I'm going to ask for a few weeks off. Maybe take you and Vi somewhere on a family vacation, ya know." You looked up at him with wide eyes and a shocked expression, "What?" He asked.

"I mean, that's great, but are you sure you wanna spent vacation and relaxing time with Violet and me?"

"Y/N we've been together for almost a year," He lightly smiled, "I think it's okay to go on a vacation."

"Yeah, but, are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." He changed his posture so he was now completely facing you, "Listen, Vi's birthday is in three months. I was thinking maybe Disney World because we all know her adoration for Cinderella." You nodded, looking down for a minute.

"I just, I think it's a good idea before. But Violet has never been anywhere, let alone on a plane or really outside of the state."

"So, this will be a perfect time for her to go on her first trip. To Disney for her birthday." You still looked slightly hesitant, "If you don't want to, then we don't have to. But at least think it over. I wouldn't want to spend my saved up time off with anyone besides my two favorite girls." You lightly smiled.

"Okay," You said, "I'll think about it."

-3 months later-

"Mommy!" My now four-year-old came running into the kitchen still in her pink pajamas and with messy hair, grabbing onto my leg and squeezing it.

"Happy birthday baby!" He told her and gave a quick kiss to the top of your head.

"Happy birthday Vi," Steve said, while still manning the pancakes. She quickly released herself from me, sprinting and then hurling into Steve's arms. He let out a quick 'hmf' at the impact of her small body against his.