Keeping Secrets (S.S)

Sebastian and I were awoken by a large scream at night. We both grunted, well aware that this would be Silvia up at 2:30 am to disrupt our sleep. "I got her," Sebastian grunted and slowly rolled out of bed, making his way to the nursery, giving me a break. I quickly fell back asleep but was awoken again by a returning Sebastian.

"Thank you," I mumbled and moved over to face him.

"It was my shift, so there's no need to thank me." I lightly smiled as he kissed the top of my head, us both soon drifting back to sleep.

The next morning we got up with surprisingly no cries. Sebastian made us coffee, and right as I took a sip of mine a scream started. "She wants breakfast," I said and got up, heading to her room for my least favorite parts of the day: feeding time.

I came back soon after with her in my arms, Seb taking her from me to hold himself. He rocked her slowly until she was asleep again, and was put back to bed to fulfill her mandatory night's sleep. "You're so cute with her," I mentioned as he got back. He smiled.

"I try," He began, "I am her father after all. I gotta lookout for that little rascal before she gets herself into trouble."

"Or finds herself a boyfriend."

"Let's not even go there," he began, taking another sip of his coffee, "No boys will be allowed in this household unless family."

-1 year later-

Everyone was here for Sil's party, her first birthday party. Of course, she had her little pink dress on, which I had found, and a little bow in her head of little hair. Close family and friends all came to our Soho townhouse to celebrate with us and the birthday girl. I came out with her to where everyone else was, and as they began cheering she smiled and clapped her hands, making everyone laugh.

"Let me take her." Seb said in his overprotective way, practically stealing her from me. "Who's the big birthday girl huh?" He asked and smiled at her, rocking her back and forth in her arms.

"Ma!" She said and pointed to herself, everyone laughed again. She had Sebastian wrapped around her little finger and was prepared to use it to her advantage.

Later on, we all sang happy birthday and put her mini cake in front of her. Once we were done singing, she mushed her head in the cake, obviously unaware of what to do. Everyone laughed as she obviously enjoyed her cake, taking fist fulls into her mouth. I quickly helped her eat cake properly as Sebastian helped clean up her face with some baby wipes and paper towel.

Next were presents. She did get quite a few toys and stuffed animals (she liked a stuffed dog the best), but my personal favorites were the clothes. I admired the selections of outfits everyone had picked out and as Sebastian had put it, "She is going to have a bigger closet than her mother at this rate." earning him a quick slap on the arm.

"She's just fashionable," I said and looked at him, "That's all."

-a few months later-

It was the Y/L/N family annual country club Christmas dinner. The three of us flew out to see my family for a few days, and of course came prepared. Seb with his suit and tie and Sil and I with matching dresses.

Of course when we arrived everything was nice as usual. My family and I had been members of what was voted the nicest country club in America for ages, so this had become tradition. We went to get pictures with Santa (which they had every year) and everything was alright at first. They wanted a photo with all of us and then just kids. Of course I trusted my younger cousin, who was 16, to hold Sil. She knew what she was doing a proved it. But within seconds she erupted crying and pulling towards me. They got a quick picture before Katie handed her back and kept apologizing, and as I told her, it was definitely not her fault Silvia was just clingy.