Unnecessary expectations (B.B.)

(A/N: This is a request for @swaapa so hope you enjoy!)

As the Avengers, we constantly got asked to attend major events. It was good for publicity, and usually, we all had a good time.

These events ranged from sports games to red carpet events. Today it was a major fashion show. Bucky and I were in our room getting ready when I got a text from Tony that everyone needed to be downstairs. "Ready doll?" He asked and cuffed the sleeves to his dress shirt as I walked out in my own dress. He looked at me and paused, looking up and down making me blush. "You look stunning." he lightly smiled.

"Thanks, Buck," I smiled, "You look very handsome yourself." He lightly chuckled and grabbed my hand, leading me out of our room.

Once down in the lobby we talked to everyone else. "You look beautiful Y/N." Steve complimented me and lightly smiled.

"Thanks, Stevie," I smiled back, "You don't look too bad yourself." Bucky was eyeing the two of us which was pretty funny, to be honest.

We all hopped in cars and left for the show. I sat between Bucky and Steve, which was a little cramped. They're both super soldiers. But nonetheless, I was a smaller figure so I fit pretty well.

Once we stopped Bucky helped me out. "Ready doll?" He asked and kissed the top of my head. I nodded and smiled. We walked in hand in hand, Steve next to us.

We all got sat down and began talking. I soon got bored and decided to scroll some social media mindlessly just waiting. Most of these events were overall a little boring, and the amount of press was overwhelming which Bucky knew. He usually gave me small knee squeezes for reassurance.

The show eventually started. It was nice, but as per usual, there wasn't much too it. Just a group of skinny models walking down a runway in clothes too expensive for the large majority of people.

We went back to the Tower for dinner after the show concluded, and then sat and talked in the living room for a while. "You know who would look really good as a model?" Tony asked as everyone listened, "Nat." He said and pointed to her.

"Agreed." Clint chimed in.

"Thanks, guys." She sighed and lightly smiled.

"Wanda too." Rhodes continued and a few nodded.

"That's sweet," Wanda nodded. I could practically feel some of the slight judgment from not being size 2 like the others. I kept my confidence though, but Bucky was smart enough and knew me well enough to understand that all of this hurt a lot.

"I think it's time I tap out," Bucky spoke up.

"Same here," Sam and Steve added on.

"I'll go too." We all said our goodbyes and went off to our rooms.

Bucky and I got to our shared apartment in the Tower, immediately slipping off our shoes. I headed to the shower, in need of some detox. "I'm gonna go take a shower," I told Bucky lightly.

"Sounds good," he lightly smiled back, propping his feet on our coffee table, "You alright doll?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course babe," I said and tried to put on a smile, but managed to get into the bathroom and shower before he could notice it was obviously fake.

You got into the steamy hot box of glass and tile, letting the warm droplets relax your skins and muscles, soothing your mind. You couldn't help but look down at your large hips, where a small fat roll laid on them. And your monstrous thighs, which Bucky always insisted he loved, but most other people looked down upon. Or the slight fat you had under your arms, and the belly you had which wasn't monstrous, but noticeable.

So after washing yourself, you got out and changed into one of Bucky's shirt which was extremely baggy on you, and sweatpants. You walked out to your bedroom where Bucky was already in bed, he had showered this morning. He smirked when he saw you, "You look awfully sexy in my shirt." He smirked and looked you up and down.

"Thanks," You lightly smiled and climbed in bed next to you. He immediately looked over to you, where you were occupied grabbing your book on your nightstand. Then, he grabbed you and pulled you into his lap effortlessly, causing you to squeal.

"Ya know what else you look sexy in, doll?" He asked, whispering in your ear, "That awfully cute blue number you wore on my birthday last year." It was his favorite set of lingerie you had. You were pretty unamused, not being in the mood at all, which was pretty out of the ordinary considering Bucky could easily sway you.

So you simply rolled off his lap, and grabbed your book again. Bucky looked shocked and concern, turning his full body to face you. "Babe, what's wrong?" He asked, unsure of what to do.

"Nothing," You said.

"Baby-" he warned.

"I said nothing." You snapped. He sighed.

"Is it what everyone said about Nat and Wanda?" You paused and that was when he knew it was, "Baby girl," He drug you into his lap, "Don't listen to them. Listen to me, alright? You are the most gorgeous woman on this planet, and don't listen to anyone who says otherwise."

"But Bucky, I really am larger than any models or Nat or Wanda and-"

"And what? That makes you less pretty? Of course it doesn't. You're womanly and that's just fine, it's really sexy actually," He smirked, "Your curves are beautiful. And they make you you." Bucky had already made you feel better, and began kissing your shoulder up to your neck.

"Thanks, Buck." You lightly smiled and he gave you a kiss.

"I'm only telling the truth Babe."