Alpine (B.B.)

Bucky's gone on a 4-month mission. Other than the fact that I will miss him greatly, he needed someone to look after his cat Alpine. So, me being his girlfriend, I was the obvious candidate.

"You know what to do right?" He asked me for the dozenth time before leaving.

"Yes, Alpine gets fed one cup of dry food in the morning and half a can at night. I change his water twice a day, litter box twice a week, and I will pay attention to him." Bucky let a sigh of relief out. "Buck I grew up with pets at home."

"I know, I'm just... worried." He said and glanced at the white cat.

"Don't worry love, we'll be fine." I smiled. He gave me a long kiss before giving the cat a pet and off he went.

Now the little furball and I were snuggled into my bed as we watched another episode of Y/F/S. We were eating Y/F/Snack. Bucky wasn't supposed to be home for another week, but I wasn't sure how Alpine was supposed to loose the 4 pounds he'd gain within the 4 months of living with me. "It's getting late little buddy," I said and pet him as he purred in my lap, "I think we should go to bed."

-3rd person POV-

Bucky slowly walked into your apartment door, well aware this was an ungodly hour to be up. But he was arriving home early from his mission. He slowly put his bag down, creeping into your room to see your body asleep with Alpine curled up on your stomach. He smiled at the sight of his best girl and best cat sleeping together. He slipped into sweatpants and got into bed next to you. "Hello?" You lightly muttered out.

"Hey Doll, it's just Bucky." He said back and got deeper into the covers.

"Oh hey, Bucky..." You began, half asleep.

-Your POV-

"Wait, Bucky?" I asked shooting up. "You were supposed to be back in a week?"

"Yeah, I came home early Doll." He gave me a kiss as we sunk back into the pillows. Alpine got up and stretched his back as he wandered over to Bucky and laid on his lap.

"You stole my personal heater." I pouted and he chuckled.

"I noticed," He began but his expression went to inquisitive, "He feels heavier..." My eyes went wide. Shit, I thought, his cat's fat now.

"Yeah, Alpine gained a little weight." I reluctantly said.

"How much weight?" Bucky asked rubbing the cat's backs.

"4 pounds-ish?"

"4 pounds!" Bucky exclaimed. "What, were you feeding him a full course meal every day?"

"He was hungry Buck!" I fought back, "And gave me those little kitty eyes..."

"Y/N, how much food did you give him a day?"

"2 cups in the morning and 1 can of wet food at night," You sighed, "And my leftovers."

"You gave my cat human food?"

"He wanted it so bad Bucky!" He rolled his eyes.

"At least you didn't starve him."

"See, there's one positive."

"You're going to have to go on a diet little buddy." He said and looked at the cat who danced on his lap before placing him down. "Well thank you for doing most of your job with him."

"Anytime Bucky Bear," I said and smiled at his least favorite nickname. "Now can we go to bed, I'm tired."

"Of course baby." He smiled and gave me a kiss before we both drifted off to sleep.

.

I woke up the next day and Bucky was making breakfast. Of course, he was, he always woke up way earlier than I did. "Goodmorning sleeping beauty." He smiled as I walked out into the kitchen/living room.

"Goodmorning." I smiled back and sat at the kitchen island across from where he was making eggs.

"I saw that someone slept well." He chuckled and I nodded.

"Very." I lightly smiled. Once breakfast was done we sat like we always did and ate, as Bucky talked about his mission. Alpine soon came up and brushed along my leg while giving me his big kitty eyes.

"Don't," Bucky said looking between the cat and me.

"But-"

"You're not making my cat gain any more weight."

"But Bucky he's so hungry-"

"No buts. Alpine gets his regular food and that's it." I pouted a little before giving in. As we finished up and began doing the dishes I looked down and saw the poor animal staring back up at me. I carefully took a few bits of eggs and laid them down for him, making sure Bucky didn't see.

"Y/N!" Bucky nearly yelled. I jumped back up.

"Yes?" I asked trying to be as innocent as possible.

"I swear-" He began and came around looking between Alpine and me. "My cat doesn't need more food."

"Bucky he does!" I said out loud, "Look at him. How could you say not to that face." He sighed.

"You have to Y/N."

"But I can't." I pouted some more, "He's just too adorable."

"I know he's adorable but that's not a good excuse to make a cat obese."

"Bucky he's not obese!" I fought back, "He's just... chubby. And that's fine because I'm chubby too and we're all a little chubby."

"Well, he's very chubby. And you're not chubby you're gorgeous."

"He's the perfect amount of chubby and thank you. Right Alpine?" I asked him as he began purring. "See he agrees."

"I think I may have to keep the two of you away from each other." He said and put the last of the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Buckyyyyyy," I whined, "I love himmmm."

"I know but I do too. And sometimes love means not overfeeding them." I huffed in defeat.

"Fine, I won't feed Alpine any more human food."

"Promise?" He asked. It took me a few moments to decide.

"Promise." I sighed. He came up to me and smiled giving me a quick kiss.