Chapter 51: Down the Memory Lane

It has beenso many years, so many memories thateven Zhan Yi Fei himself was feeling that it was all vague,he can't remember the his mother's face when she died, can't remember thedespair of his uncle, and can't remember the powerlessness overflowing hisface. At that time, he was eight years old, he did not love his father, themost painful things happened after his mother died since theuncle who he had hoped for left the Zhan Family quietly,and the aunt went to school again. He has never been like that alone for amoment, he spent his younger years hoping that he was not born the Young Masterof The Zhan Family.
Everyone admired that he has a good origin, and only he knows whattrouble is behind this birth.
His mother didn't have a good marriage, but becauseThe Zhan Family wouldn't let her take the only male grandchild away,she could only stay in The Zhan Family. Without the love of herhusband, she had nothing to rely on, and the whole person was locked in agorgeous cage.
Sometimes he doesn't know if he is too stupid, or should life is toounfair. If his mother first met his uncle, it might be all different, butunfortunately he was two or three years old when his uncle liked his mother.His father had already got control of the company and The Zhan Family,and like their family, the things that his mother and his uncles being togetherwere not allowed to happen.
"It's not so much as I hate my uncle, but I hate myself. WhenI was young, I didn't understand why my mom refused toleave The Zhan Family. Later, when I was grown up, I knewthat Zhan Hong Tu literally sent people to kidnap me,I could understand why my mother has suffered for so many years. She probablyknew from the beginning that if she was not there, my personal safety would notbe guaranteed. Sometimes I even thought she was eloping with my uncle. Shewould have liked to give me more time to find out, but she may not even thinkof herself. She also believed in the wrong person."
"Was he unsuccessful?"
"Yes, he promised to take me and my mom and leaveThe Zhan Family, but he disappearedsilently. Zhan Yi Fei turned to look atLin Yu Tong. When I know how I started to like you, do you know whatthe first vow I made to myself was?
"What?"
"I swear that if you can be with me, I will not let you suffer any grievances, and I will look after you forever." Zhan Yi Fei hugged Lin Yu Tong into his arms and said him. "You may not know, this ... I like a person, but that person had only the feeling of another person, it was very uncomfortable, especially uncomfortable for me. It is actually a bitshameful to say. I thought you liked Shen Jun at first, so I was depressed because of that for a long time. The marriage thing, I went to talk to your Dad about that I wanted to register marry with you. I was going crazy it was a rare impulse in my life. I felt very embarrassed at the time."
"What about now?" Lin Yu Tong fiddledwith Zhan Yi Fei's hair and asked.
"Too wise. The best thing I have done in my life is to tell your dad that I want to marry you."
"The most sensible thing I have ever done in my life is to agree with you." Lin Yu Tong backed up and held Zhan Yi Fei, he felt that he didn't want to mention thepast, and then changed the subject along the steps.
In a few days, it reached Qing Ming,and Zhan Yi Fei was able to rest for two days. He went to the cemetery with Lin Yu Tong in the morning with the things he had prepared at home.
According to Wang Bo, The Zhan Family occupies a large fengshui land in the cemetery, and The Zhan Family members have been buried there for generations. But Zhan Yi Fei took Lin Yu Tong to go to the most common cemetery. Those who are buried next to eachother, can't tell who is who.
"This was Mom's own wish," Zhan Yi Fei told Lin Yu Tong. "Ididn't see her last face, but she said before her death, if there is a next life, she hopes that I will never have anything to do with The Zhan Family."
Lin Yu Tong walked for a long time to see that they are looking for C12 road, while Kang Jia Li was buried in the bottom 12 of the third block of the cemetery.
A special tombstone is engraved with the words"Kang Jia Li". The name is next to a photo. The woman inthe photo looked about twenty years old and has a long ponytail. She had thelook of a country girl, but she looked so beautiful, giving people a feeling ofwarmth and smile when they stared at her.
Right now, there were a bunch of white chrysanthemums with alittle water cup holder in the bottom of the photo. The wind blew andthe petals swayed gently.
Lin Yu Tong moved the white chrysanthemum to the left andplaced the flowers he brought with Zhan Yi Fei. Then Iheard Zhan Yi Fei say, "Mom, standing next to me isLin Yu Tong, who I mentioned to you before. He is now yourdaughter-in-law. I should have brought him to meet you for a long time. But Icouldn't I have been a little busy, so please don't be angry thatI came now.
Lin Yu Tong bowed and he didn't feel how hard it wasto introduce himself to the tombstone. When he finished, he saw Zhan Yi Fei lighta scent sticks there, he put the fruit plate that was brought over,and then pulled Zhan Yi Fei to kneel down. "Mom, wemust come to see you often, today I followed Yi Fei to comeover and to be recognized."
Zhan Yi Fei poured some wine and said, Mom.... Yousee how sensible he is, I knew you will definitely like him. You used to worrythat no one would care for me, but he cares for me now. He is very good, healso specializes in telling stories, cooking, and falling to theground from time to time."
Lin Yu Tong subconsciouslygave Zhan Yi Fei an elbow jolt. "What is worth to showoff about that?"
Zhan Yi Fei grabbed Lin Yu Tong's hand andhis heart did not feel pain at all, and continued to linger there.Lin Yu Tong figured it out, and Zhan Yi Fei's wordsin the past few days have been much better than what he said in the past month.
Lin Yu Tong listened for a while, then inserted a flower fromtime to time, and made the atmosphere less cursive.
No one has to set a heavy mood tosweep the grave. Lin Yu Tong thinks that the factthat Zhan Yi Fei can say something happy like this is quitegood. It's just that he feels from time to time, asif there was someone coming around. The bunch of flowers that hadbeen placed before the tombstone when they came, looking at the freshness thoseflowers should be placed there today.
Will it be the Second Uncle?
Lin Yu Tong stood up and looked around. More and more peoplecame to the cemetery to worship, but he did notsee Zhan Hong Wei.
Zhan Yi Fei may have had the same idea asLin Yu Tong. He looked up and said, "Come and let's go back, youwon't see him."
Lin Yu Tong put things on,and Zhan Yi Fei went to the cemetery. There were a fewfixed places where you could burn paper money, and he burned a lot ofpaper money.
Zhan Hong Wei did not show up until they got back in thecar. However, referring to Zhan Hong Wei, Lin Yu Tongremembered that the peace and safe symbol that he previously obtainedin Yuling Temple had not been given to Zhan Yi Fei. Heput the wallet open and took it out and put itin Zhan Yi Fei's wallet.
"Yours is for me, then do you still haveit?" Zhan Yi Fei eyebrows rose after seeing what itwas.
"Yes." Lin Yu Tong squatted his head and lookedat Zhan Yi Fei. "Isn't that what you are?"
"It makes sense. But my peacetime on-call is not just a safe, youare sure that you do want to keep it? I can offer the price if I want it."
"Change your bragging for a day?"
"Change your bragging into a kind of 'humanity instrument'. I don'tknow what the Mrs. is thinking?"
"Get out of the way! Mind full of dirty thoughts!"
"Who said it? It's all foryou." Zhan Yi Fei finished, he turned a corner, tookLin Yu Tong to the supermarket to buy food, and then went to theapartment where they once lived.
Compared to The Zhan Family's mansion, the apartment can onlybe regarded as a "dwelling house", but the couple particularly likeit.
In Zhan Yi Fei's view, this is a real new house.Because it is the first place he slept with Lin Yu Tong, heespecially cherished this apartment...
Lin Yu Tong planned to make steamed scallops with garlicdumplings. Zhan Yi Fei especially likes to eat dumplings,so Lin Yu Tong occasionally cooks him dumplings to eat, but therehave always been such things in recent days, so there is a long time that hadgone by when he hasn't made them.
Zhan Yi Fei stood at the door and looked atLin Yu Tong who was busy. "What do you want me to do?"