Chapter 7 - Debrief & Nightmare

This is continuation of the last part. Avoid grammatical mistakes.

Ri has started crying remembering the incident. Harrison was rubbing her shoulders in order to calm her and maxi was rubbing her knuckles to soothe her they all had tears in the corner of their eyes but somehow they managed to let it out of their eyes, Reidy got up and went to fetch some water for ri to drink so that she can calm down.

After having some water Ri calmed down a bit and asked " How is the girl doing, is she alright?". Hoppo answered " She is doing good and is recovering, she is out of danger and will be kept under observations for few days in case something goes wrong."

Ri and everyone sighed in relief to this news. Atleast the girl is in safe hands now. "How can someone just leave the child unattended in the surf knowing it could prove dangerous?" Whip exclaimed angrily.

" He is right hadn't been it Ri who would have rescued her there would have been a drowning and it would have been a body retrival which is not a pleasant thing to do." Exclaimed Reidy and the others nodded in agreement.

"How could i miss an incident from tower, maybe i should have been more alert watching the water, if something would have happened to the girl i would never forgive myself for it" said Troy almost dejected. As he was the one who was in tower alone as everyone else was busy doing rescue

"No one is to be blamed for the incident there was a mass rescue going on, you did the best you could to do to direct them conducting rescue, it is not possible for one person to keep an eye on the mass rescue and look around the beach for other things going on the beach with a crowd of more than 15,000." Said Hoppo, earning a small smile from others.

"When member of public told me about an unconscious patient being drag from the surf which was not more than 5 years of age and possible shark sighting, my heart started sinking thinking about it hoping that nothing goes wrong and will do anything in our hands to bring her back to life, we din't knew how long she was under water was she attacked by shark. We could just make assumptions until we get on the scene. It was difficult to be calm and composed knowing that it was a very young patient." Deano said remembering the incident.

"I knew we had to rush to bring the defib to the scene as it was very essential as seconds count for a person to live, and defib will be needed for bring a person back to life, we went and grabbed the defib from the tower and rushed to the scene it was heartbreaking to see the little girl lifeless, deano had already made her way towards Ri and was encouraging her that she is doing good, i set up the defib so that it can be used if needed, Reidy took place near her head holding her up and i got by Ri's side asking her about the girl but she was in shock to respond. I was standing near her when i felt something wet near my foot thats when i noticed her foot which was bleeding profusely and it was a mark of shark bite making me gasp in shock, I immediately wrapped her foot with my shirt and give you the details of the situation after updating you guys about the situation and that the girl was taken to hospital i got back to Ri to tell her about the whole thing but by then she started feeling dizzy and passed out, i feel like hadn't we would have left the place this wouldn't have happened." Whip said sighing with a sadness in his voice and Reidy nodded in agreement with whip as he was stationed at the south end and was blaming himself for the situation.

Ri was all time silent listening to the conversation until "You guys were doing your job, it is not possible for 7-8 on duty lifeguard to cover the whole beach and it was not like you were chilling you were busy with the mass rescue, you all look after a crowd of more than 20,000 it is difficult for you guys to keep an eye on every incident happening on the beach, you guys deal with rescuing people, doing first aid, handling lost kid and what not, at the end of the day no lives have been lost that is what matters, i am proud of you guys for what you all do, risking your own lives for welfare of public, you should not blame yourself, you do all things possible in your hands to save lives." Everyone went silent and looked at me like i have grown two horns on my head.

"What ?" Ri asked everyone, instead of answering all pounced on her taking her in a huge bear hug but being careful of her injury, making her chuckle "Guys i can't breath" said Ri while giggling. All of them left and sat on their previous place.

"What was that for?" asked Ri after everyone settled down. "You took a weight off our shoulders giving us your true and honest opinion Ri." said Reidy and others nodded in agreement.

After Debrief all went to talking within themselves grabbing beers and food had great fun, pulling each others leg, talking about the pranks they pulled on each other.

Ri had already fell asleep due to the effects of medicines on the couch, with Harrison admiring her. He made his way to the spare room with Ri in his arms sleeping peacefully, making her sleep on the bed and adjusting the duvet around her, switching on the bed side lamp so that she doesn't get afraid when she wakes up and left the room kissing her forehead.

He made his way back to living room where only Maxi and Jesse were there as it was late and others had early morning shift. He made his way go the kitchen to make himself a coffee when maxi and Jesse came in. "Mate do you have have early shift?"  asked Maxi.

"Yeah i Start at 7:00 and my shift ends at 7:00 long day tomorrow." Harrison said whilst making coffee. "I start late in morning I start at 10:00, i could stay at your place until i start so that when Ri wakes up she wouldn't feel alone" Maxi said leaning on the counter sipping on his beer.

"That would be great, i don't want to leave her alone after what has happened today." Harrison said sighing taking a sip of coffee.

Maxi and Jesse headed off to their apartment and Harrison headed off to his room to sleep as he has has to wake up early for work. After checking on Ri finally he headed off to sleep.

It was past 3 in the morning when Ri woke up screaming for help with tears flowing freely from her eyes, she was having difficulty in breathing due to crying. Hearing her scream, Harrison came running into the room as to see what happened. Seeing her crying he immediately went by her side and engulfed her in his arms and rubbing her back and caressing her hair in order to calm her down.

After managing to calm her down, before Harrison could ask anything "Nightmare". Ri said sensing his thoughts. "Want to talk about it." Harrison asked. Ri nodded she took deep breathes before starting " I saw the same girl who i rescued but she died in front of me and everyone was blaming me that i was the reason for her to death, her parents, all of them."  Ri said whilst sobbing. "Poor girl suffering from nightmares of the incident". thought Harrison

"Sshh its okk, she is doing fine, she is alive, its just a nightmare, don't think too much, sleep you will feel better." Harrison told Ri caressing her hair and rubbing her shoulders. "You won't leave me as my Family did." Ri asked me out of no where leaving me shocked."I won't leave you now sleep". Harrison told Ri.

Harrison kept caressing her hair thinking about what she said "How can a family leave such a beautiful soul alone in this cruel world, i will protect her no matter what." after seeing her in deep sleep.

He got up kissing her forehead and left to his room to get some sleep but was unable to sleep he kept tossing and turning in his bed, but to no avail finally he sat up and look at the time it showed 5:00 so he decided to get up and get ready for work. Making coffee and breakfast for himself and Ri, putting Ri breakfast in the fridge he wrote a note and left it on the bedside table so that she doesn't panic and left for work closing the door behind.He dropped a text to maxi to check on Ri once he wakes up.

Done with the update. Do vote and comment.