Chapter 31 - Last Day Of The Year

Here is an another update. Avoid grammatical mistakes. Hope you all are doing good. Enjoy this update.

Today is 31st December last day of the year. Maxi, hutz and ri had an early shift, hop wanted to have a talk with ri too, though there will be less crowds only till afternoon and to welcome new year there will be a party just at the beach so to organise it the beach will be closed at 2 pm.

Rest of the day the will be relaxed messing around in the tower. And a get together of all the lifeguards and their families at box's house for barbecue to welcome new year.

Ri, maxi, hutz, harries and Yatesy were already on duty and were sitting in the tower after setting up the beach talking about random stuffs and waiting for hop to come.

Hop came in the tower, "Morning boys and sweetie". Hop greeted them. "Morning hop". Everyone greeted back and waited for him to speak.

"As you know that we got speedo's sponsorship and ri is taken as a brand ambassador of speedo's, someone is here to meet you guys and speak to you guys specially ri". Hop said and the person came from behind.

"Meet Mr. Andrew Rubin CEO of Speedo's". Hop said introducing them to others as they don't know him other than ri.

Everyone got up and greeted him with a handshake and hug. Ri had a smile on her face and so had others.

"Hello everyone you guys are doing a great a job saving lives of others putting your own life at risk, i wanted a fresh face as a brand ambassador i was looking for it but wasn't getting such a personality due to some reasons but when this young girl rescued me from the surf without thinking of her own life, i was determined to make her as a brand ambassador, you guys don't get the name and recognition that you guys deserve, it will give you guys a good recognition and respect that you deserve and it will encourage people to go and help others who are in distress, this will be a great help in creating awareness of surf safety". He said explaining his point of view.

"That is a great initiative Mr. Rubin for creating awareness on surf safety, people underestimate the power of ocean and ends up putting their life in danger". Yatesy told and everyone nodded.

"Call me andy or andrew". He told us. "So my point is i want to make a short video featuring you and how you guys work and a photoshoot of you promoting our brand, so that we can give atleast a teaser of you being our brand ambassador and what are we upto." He explained looking at ri.

"Umm but i have got bruises on my body". Ri explained with a small smile.

"I know that hop explained me everything about you from starting how you are always helping others he told me that you even got 30 stitches on your leg from shark bite even when you weren't a part of the team, i even want to clear the misconception that they usually have that working on a beach is an easy job, they don't know that it is the most toughest job in the world looking after a crowd of 30,000 plus and that you by just 7-8 lifeguards during summer season, you  risk your own life, you even have to deal with drunk people, harrasment, they think this job as a glamorous job but it is not,you deal with dark side of the job too with suicides, shark attacks, drownings, deaths and that you guys get harassed too". Andy told and they nodded.

"And about your bruises we will cover it up by editing it soo no issues, my team is ready with everything with your costumes, make up artist everything". Andy said and ri looked at hop and others who nodded.

"But i need to ring in someone who can cover up for me... ". Before she could continue hop told her.

"I have already called in Whip, Reidy and mouse to cover up". Hop told and she nodded.