Chapter 12 - Official First Day And Surprise

Back with another update. Hope you guys enjoy this update.

Ri pov:

Today is my officially first day as a lifeguard at bondi beach. My shift starts at 10 thankfully harrison had an early shift today, as i wanted to surprise the guys. I headed out of the apartment with my wallet, phone and medicines and started walking towards bondi beach.

Yesterday i spent my whole day resting and doing nothing. Harrison, maxi and others took care of me throughout the day by keeping a check on me. The one who were off duty came to meet me and made sure that i had my food and medicines. They made me feel comfortable.

Specially harrison he kept a check me texting me every half and hour and asking about my well being did i took my medicines did i have food. It made me feel so special, i do have feelings for him but i don't know if he feels the same for me.

I still have a bit of fever but that won't stop me from doing my job. I reached hop's office, he was doing some paper work. "Hi hop, how are you doing?" i asked him. "Have a seat ri, i am doing good, first of all how are you?". Hoppo said doing his work. "I feel good a bit of fever but i want to start today i am ok with it". I told him.

"ok as you say but if you start feeling unwell you will tell me straight away ". Hoppo told me i nodded in agreement. He stood up and made his way towards the cupboard looking for my gear. He pulled out a pile of clothes with a sticky note with my name. It had a blue lifeguard t-shirt, dark blue sporty bikini and boardies with lifeguard engraved on them, a cap, sunnies and a bum bag.

"This is your gear you can use the sunnies, cap and bum bag, uniform is to be worn only after you are fit to do rescue". Hoppo said giving me a apologetic look.

"No problem hop's as long as i get to work i am more than happy to do that". I told him giving a reassuring smile. "Come i will show you your locker where you can keep your stuffs and then we will go to the tower to get you your radio". Hop said making his way out and i followed him. He showed me my locker and i put mu stuffs there and he showed me the shower and changing room.

After putting my stuffs in the locker i grabbed my bum bag and put my medicines and other stuffs and made my way towards tower with hop. He asked me to wait near the medical bed i wouldn't be seen due to the medicine cabinet.

As soon as hoppo made his way upstairs everyone fell silent "So boys as you know that there is a new lifeguard joining the service today and she is joining as a full time lifeguard our new recruit is a girl our first female member of the team please welcome her". As soon as hoppo finished his speech.

I made my way towards the stairs as soon as they saw me, they all were shocked and surprised. "Please welcome Ri our newest recruit and first full time female lifeguard in our team". Hoppo told everyone . Hoppo handed me a radio/walkie and left the tower telling me to take care and if i need something tell him or the boys.

After recovering from the shock they pounced on me taking me in a hug, i somehow balanced myself from falling but my crutches did fell off. Everyone congratulated me. On duty were Whippet, Reidy, Deano, Kerrbox, Harrison, Harries, Taco, Quinn, Troy, Bisho, Jethro, Jake, Bacon. Maxi and Jesse shift wasn't starting before 12 they would be surprised to know that i would be working with them.

In Tower i have to work with Whippet, Troy and myself. I took my seat near the window grabbing a pair of binos and started scanning the water. I initiated a conversation "So how was the surprise?" i asked them.
"It is the best surprise ever, finally we have a female member on the team". Whippet exclaimed happily.

"Yeah we were told that a new recruit is joining today but details were not given and it was unexpected that the recruit will be you it was surprising, looking forward to work with you, lets tell the boys on patrol about our new recruit ". Troy said picking up his radio.