Chapter 29 - Nightmares

Back with another update. Avoid grammatical mistakes. Enjoy this update.

Whip sat on the couch with ri's head in his lap and he was caressing her hairs. Boys message were flooding in phone asking about ri as all were pretty worried about her after what happened. He was replying when the door opened revealing hutz.

He had his hands full of bags, whip after keeping a cushion under ri's head he made his way, towards hutz to help him. Taking the bags from him and keeping it on the kitchen counter. Hutz was surprised to see him at his place and that too early.

"Mate what are you doing here this early, your shift was suppose to end at 5 right ". Hutz asked making whip to sigh.

"I know my shift ends at 5 but ri was harassed so hop send me home with her, she slept off being tired of crying she is sleeping on the couch". Whip told hutz making his eyes widened in shock and he made his way towards the living room hurriedly with whip following behind.

Ri was sleeping curled up in fetus position, hutz went towards her sitting on his knees and caressing her hairs and kissing her forehead making her to stir in her sleep with a frown, but soon relaxed.

"How did it happen?". Hutz asked whip who was sitting besides ri in a low voice.

"She went to rescue a guy who had his face down in water, i was in the tower watching her when all of a sudden the guy turned and talked to her to which she quickly turned around wanting to get back to shore but he flipped the board making her go under water, i sprinted out if the tower i knew something wasn't right, i radioed the guys about it telling them to reach who was nearest to backpackers, jess was doing a rescue, chips reached before me soo he went in to help ri and jess behind him to grab that guy, who turned out to be the same guy who had assaulted her earlier on the promenade". Whip said caressing ri's hair and took deep breathes before continuing.

"Chips reached ri on time pulling her on the rescue board letting her catch her breaths and jess got hold of the guy, i was standing near the shore to help jess and reidy had called in coppers, chips brought ri back to shore who was crying and shivering in fear, i was going to help jess but chips went towards jess telling me to take care of ri who was sitting on the sand crying and shivering, i went towards her putting my hands on her shoulders making her to flinch at my touch after assuring her that its me she gave in crying her heart out, i took her up the tower trying to calm her but it wasn't working, she was very scared, jess and chips came back handing away the guy to the copper, she swallowed a bit water which she spewed away, myself, jess, hop, maxi finally managed to calm her down but due to being tired of crying she slept off so i brought her home". Whip finished telling him.

"I won't leave him for hurting my baby girl". Hutz said with a furious expression on his face.

"Relax, calm down he won't be able to do anything now the cops will deal with him and they are coming tomorrow to take our statements, we need to take care of baby girl she is very scared of all the happenings". Whip told hutz trying to calm him down which worked.

"We will be more careful from now onwards, we won't let her suffer anymore". Hutz said and whip nodded, kissing ri's forehead and getting up making his way towards the kitchen with whip following behind him.

"Do have spare clothes i haven't brought in my change, and boys are going to visit after knock off time?". Whip asked who nodded and went towards his room giving whip spare clothes.

After getting changed whip and hutz were in the kitchen filling in the grocery and making some tea for ri and themselves. They were having a conversation when ri came in with her eyes half closed gaining their attention.