Chapter 36 - Opening Up A Bit

Ri, hutz, harries and maxi were sitting in the tower watching water when there was a knock on the door. Ri got up to answer it.

Opening the door there was a girl standing with a worried expression on her face, "You alright?". Ri asked.

"I am good but a lady isn't alright she is pregnant and is having some pain in her stomach and is sweating really bad please help". The girl said dragging her out of the tower they both ran where the lady was.

She was leaning onto the railing holding it tightly, ri reached her and held her for support and guided her towards the nearby bench making her sit. The girl who came was rubbing her back.

"Hi love i am Shruti, i am lifeguard i will help you, what's wrong ?". Ri asked monitoring her pulse who was crying in pain

"I am having back pain and stomach pain please help me". She said moaning in pain.

"How many weeks pregnant are you?". Ri asked monitoring her pulse and put her hand on her belly to find it getting tighter and the pulse was rapid.

"39 weeks and i am due in 15 days". She told ri.

"Does the pain feel like normal cramps or more painful". Ri asked.

"It is more painful but the pain last for about 2 minutes and it goes away but it is progressing quite fast". She said and hold Ri's hand tightly.

"I reckon you are in labour, you need to go to hospital ". Ri asked making her drink water and rubbing her back.

"No that's not possible i am not due yet, my baby". She said and started crying.

"I know but the symptoms are definitely telling you are in labour the baby has dropped too, did your water break?" Ri asked.

"No it hasn't broken yet please save my baby, call in my husband he is at work". She said and gave her phone and ri informed her husband about the same who told that he is coming.

"Don't worry i won't let anything happen". Ri said assuring and made her stand up.

"Ri to Central call an ambo bringing in a lady who is in labour is quinn or yak working today". Ri radioed and started walking by the side of the lady they were walking taking rest as the contractions hit her.

"Central to ri they aren't working today ambo will take 15 mins to come as they are busy". Came harries voice.

"Copy that keep the equipments and medical bed ready". Ri said radioing and started walking towards the tower with the lady.

Soon they reached the tower and harries came and helped the lady on the medical bed.

"So how painful is it now". Ri asked monitoring her pulse.

"It is progressing pretty fast and is getting very painful please save my baby". The lady told. Ri put on a pair of gloves.

"Umm Harries can you go upstairs for a moment, i need to assess her". Ri said and harries nodded in understanding and went upstairs.

"Let me check how much dilated are you". Ri said and moved towards her legs removing her bikini bottoms and assessed her, she was fully dilated and the head was seen too.

Suddenly she felt water gush from in between her legs, "My water broke." The lady told and the real contractions started kicking in making her to scream in pain.

"You are fully dilated and ready to push i can see the head of the baby, the baby can't wait to meet you, you are having a baby hear". Ri said her to which she had a smile amidst tear.