Chapter 82 - Small Tiff

Hop had given jake and ri three days mandatory off to recover from the incident. They both spent their day off on beach with boys as they were nervous wreak from being alone.

The incident had taken toll on them. Boys never left their side as they knew that they were traumatised with it. Hutz was taking care of ri. Ri was having sleepless night and would get Nightmares of being attacked by shark and would often get images of the body in her mind.

Jake and ri would go surfing with boys by their side surfing was one thing which was helping them keep distracted. It was jakes and ri's first day at work after the incident. They both were starting late.

They had a debrief about the retrieval with the family of deceased. They both reached the beach at 8 Debrief was at 10, they both were sitting on the beach as boys were working and they did not want to be a disturbance to them.

"How have you been jakey?". Ri asked drawing patterns in sand. "Honestly having sleepless nights and getting nightmares about shark attacking us if i sleep and images of that guy keeps roaming in my head at times it is difficult to forget about it". Jake said sighing looking at the patterns ri was drawing.

"What about you baby girl?". Jake asked and joined her and started drawing patterns in sand. "Same as yours but we are lucky to have such supporting family who can do anything for making us feel better, boo has never left my side throughout and has been with me and comforts me when i suffer nightmares and he stays up with me when i cannot sleep and sleeps after making me sleep, i am really very lucky to have him and others by my side". Ri said making patterns and looking ahead in surf jake smiled hearing her.

"Indeed we are lucky to have such a loving family who can do anything for us and hutz can do anything for you his love for you cannot be measured he cannot see you in any kind of pain, you guys are made for each other". Jake said and wrapped his arms around her shoulders and ri smiled at him.

"I know sometimes i feel like i don't deserve him he is soo nice, loving and caring i have soo many flaws and in past many things has happened with me he can get someone better than me, i just don't know i am fighting with my inner demons my inner thoughts, i am just being ridiculous emotions are all over the place right now, i am seriously not thinking straight". Ri said and jake eyes went wide in shock.

"From where did this rubbish thoughts came in your mind, he won't get someone better than you because he loves you and only you and no one else and you are the best thing happened to him, the way his eyes shines up when you are mentioned or when he talks about you, you are the reason for his smile he never stops talking about you, he can never imagine his life without you, he is incomplete without you, you make him complete, this is the first and last time you spoke and thought about it never ever think anything like this got it, everyone holds flaws baby girl no one is perfect remember that, if you ever think like this again you will get an earful from all of us". Jake said making her understand and gave her a forehead kiss making her to smile.

"I won't think about it ever again, i am sorry, i hate myself for thinking something like this". Ri said and jake smiled. They sat there in silence enjoying the weather and looking around.

They were sitting when someone screamed, "HELP". Ri and jake got alerted and stood up to have a clear look. Three tourist were in trouble and they weren't able to keep their head above water no one was around a rescue board was just ahead.

Ri and jake sprinted towards the waters edge ri stripped off took the rescue board and started paddling furiously. She got one of them on the board and abandoned the rescue board and swimmed towards other two who were struggling to keep their head above water.

Ri reached both of them and took deep breaths as she knew they will push her under water to keep themselves afloat. As ri predicted they wrapped their arms around neck and pushed her under water to keep themselves afloat.