2

Amity's POV;

I sighed before an alluring scent caught my nose.

It smelled like an expensive perfume.

Glancing over to see who it was, I let out a gasp and immediately covered my mouth in shock.

I stared at the boy in a black suit, wearing a white shirt under his black suit, his pants looked neatly ironed with his white shoes glistening over the chandelier. His mask, every detail that I remembered, the one that grew along with him, no matter how I stared at the mask, it would be the same size, a perfect fit in his face.

"You..." I began.

He perked up and glanced over to me when he grabbed a glass.

We stared, our eyes locking before I felt heat around my face when he smirked at me.

I gulped.

"Uhh... You... Here... After... Three years..." I muttered with a meek smile as I fumbled my unoccupied hand around a bit in a slight panic.

He continued to smirk at me, even when he drank half from his glass, he still kept his smirk at me.

I was sweating bullets with wide eyes before he placed his glass down and bowed down in front of me.

I forced a meek smile as he walked off.

Wait, what are you doing Amity!? You can't just let him walk off!

You've gotta catch up to him!!

Shaking my head to wake up, I placed my glass down beside his and rushed for him.

"Wait!" I called out while rushing for him in the crowd of talking adults.

It didn't seem like he could hear me due to the fact that he continued on, it was like he knew how to pass by dangerous waves of water in the open sea.

"Excuse me!" I called out again while trying to catch up to him through the crowd.

Going back and forth around other witches, I tried my best to keep my eyes towards him when he began to disappear in the sea crowd.

Before I could open my mouth to call out to him again, I paused when someone placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Dear, what are you doing?"

It was my mom.

"Oh, mom, what is it?" I said, pausing as I turned to face her.

The witches around us gave space and suddenly began greeting me for my birthday. Of course, I had to give them acknowledgment for it.

"Well, dear? What were you doing? You seemed like someone had finally caught your heart." My mom whispered to me.

I flushed.

She was right that someone really did catch my heart. The devil caught it.

"Well... You see... I was just..." I began stammering in front of her with a red flush in my face.

Mom just chuckled at me before dismissing me off.

Looking around the crowd while giving those acknowledgments whenever they greeted me, I tried to find him, even if it's just the back of him, his hair, his slick hair. I need to find him.