48

Eda groaned while holding her head. She was having an irritating headache.

"What in the Boiling Isles happened?" She grumbled out while looking around.

"Lay back down, mi amor, Mija told me how you fainted while talking minutes ago."

"I fainted minutes ago!?"

Camila just nodded back in response with Eda huffing and plopping back down.

'Did I seriously fainted or did I imagine getting eaten by darkness instead??' Eda thought before saying, "am I supposed to lay in bed until you tell me I'm all better,Cami??"

Camila chuckled when she said that.

...

"Ok... You're telling me the real King is still in the tunnels?" Luz scoffed after ripping the black stuffy apart.

It's fluffy interior falling to bits and pieces unto the dirt after dropping everything in hand.

She huffed before saying, "you're telling me to go into a tunnel that's littered with the worst of the worst here, ok?"

And for a moment there.

She considered more than one choice in hand.

'If I don't go over and help King, I wouldn't know what would happen to him...'

Sighing, she walked around a tree's shadow and reappeared in front of a large entrance through a series of tunnels of complete darkness.

Taking her phone out, she opened the flashlight up and walked inside.

There wasn't anything too special in the tunnels. It was somewhat dull to be exact. Very dull, but the feeling of someone else there was visible to have.

That's what everyone feels when it gets dark, right? There's always a lingering sense that someone is standing there waiting for you to get closer so they can drag you without a problem from the human world.

"Alright... There is nothing in here except this frail old miner sleeping on their job." Luz pondered out loud for the napping elf to hear to wake it up.

It shot up stammering to itself before spotting Luz who stood with a stern look at him.

"Who the heck are you!?!? And why are you here!? This is private territory!" The elf yelled while pointing fingers at Luz who in the slightest, did not like being pointed at.

Gripping the elf's hand, he yelled in pain as Luz leaned slightly over towards him in the small stall he stood on the other side in.

"Listen very closely to me and you will listen very closely to me. I won't hurt you in the least that you don't speak of this to anyone no matter who they are. Have you seen a small demon in all black for fur, a skull for a head with a broken horn, and a red collar with gold laced in front of it?" Luz said.

The elf was shivering in fear over the aura Luz was giving her.

"Yes! Yes, I have!!" He stammered out before continuing with, "he came here years ago but it was private property so I kicked him out!! But he came back just a year after so I kicked him out again before he came back again but with other miner demons!! Bigger than him! He was sleeping so I didn't mind!"