14

Luz chuckled in amusement before saying, "ahh... What I meant is, I am dead. I died when I turned ten, when I came home, I was gunned down on the street while walking towards my mami's workplace. The reason I was gunned down was that they thought I was the kid who was selling drugs which was unbelievable."

"What's... Gunned down?" Amity wondered.

Luz felt a trickle of sweat as she kept a firm smile on her face.

"Don't worry about it, it's another form of way that we humans do to kill other humans in this world." She said.

Amity hummed before placing her drink down.

"You're not thirsty?" Luz asked.

"No... It's just, I don't really know what that is." Amity muttered.

"It's just juice, I thought you might not like alcohol so I didn't get us alcohol, but if you're just being cautious, it's fine." Luz said.

"Wait, what is this place really??" Amity asked.

Luz sighed in amusement before saying, "you're in a nightclub, I and owl mom own this place, run this place, and even theme this place however we like... Mostly it's me who plans it."

"What's a nightclub?" Amity asked.

"Oh, it's just a place, usually it's large, probably having more than one floor, always filled with people from different places from time to time just to party. All that kind of thing, just a place anybody can take a break from stress and maybe let loose a bit." Luz explained before crossing her legs.

"Are you fine with it here though?" She asked.

Amity meekly smiled as she said, "I didn't really... Expect you to be human actually or have our... First date in the human world."

"You're not shocked or baffled that you're in the human world even?" Luz asked.

Amity shook her head.

"Well, I've heard of the human world before it's just... I really wanted to expect something from it so that I don't get too confused or shocked and worried if I ever saw it personally myself." She said while fiddling with her hands.

"By the way, how are you... Able to do circles and cast magic? And who taught you magic too?" She asked.

Luz smiled, sighing in amusement, she took a quick drink out of her glass before opening her mouth to speak.

"Alright, I'll tell you." She began.

...

"Mija!?!" Camila yelled as she rushed at the group of doctors and nurses rushing in a teenage girl with a gunshot in her chest, her chest was covered in blood, her chin was dripping of blood.

"No, no, no! You can't go with them! They'll take care of it don't worry! They'll try and save her!" Immediately did a nurse grab Camila and drag her away.

Eda perked up and turned away from the counter when she heard Camila's voice filled with such distraught.

"No!! That's my daughter! She'll be scared! I need to be with her!!" Camila cried.

"No, you don't get it! The bullet might've punctured a lung and having you there might make it hard for the doctors to do their job." The nurse said while easing Camila down to a chair.

Camila took a breather as she tried to calm her racing heart.