50

Luz's POV;

Glancing down, I saw what looked like blood.

Humming, I glanced down on the other to see the chains were destroyed and I was holding an ogre's decapitated head.

"Oh..." I chirped before looking over to see the other ogre growl and swing what looked like a giant sword at me.

I glanced down to see that he was successful in ripping my clothes but not in scarring me.

I suppose holy equipments are the only things that can penetrate my skin for wounds.

"I'll ask again... Do you by any chance know any demon named King?" I said.

For a moment, I think he considered something here. Something that made him drop his weapon and kneel on both knees in front of me.

[Everyone that works here has families, Luz, that's just one of them.]

Is that so..? This is hard to comprehend, just how am I supposed to take care of them just to find King in all of this places?? Call out to him?

[Wouldn't be too bad.]

Oh... Oh, yeah... Calling out to him is better than anything else, but I'm getting way too tired of everything here, I'd rather have this ogre do it instead.

"You... Find me a demon named King and bring him to me, if you dare find help, I'll come after your dear family." I said.

[You don't even know where he lives...]

I killed an ogre with my bare hands here, there's a high chance he believes a lie like that, ok? Now shut up.

...

What if King's hurt?

[That's likely to happen.]

Do you think that ogre will be back? He might've fled.

[He'll be back... His presence is still in here and there's only one way back up top if he wanted to escape.]

Well... You have a point in the only escape here. It's not a wonder that these slaves seem like they've been down here for quite a while now.

But isn't it weird that they're all here? Shouldn't they have some kind of leader over them??

[They do.]

Oh, wait! Really?

[Yes, and they're coming closer with the ogre.]

I frowned.

Does that mean the ogre brought the leader instead of King?

[Very likely, but I can't be sure, there's another presence along them here.]

"Here he is."

I stood up when the ogre spoke.

Glancing over, I saw what looked like the leader.

"Who are you?" I asked even though I knew the answer already.

"Why, I'm the leader. Isn't it a lovely view from you here??"

Huh... For a woman, she sounds like a frail old lady from the north.

"I see... Do you know anybody named King?" I said.

She took a moment of silence before raising what looked like a leash and pulled someone from behind them.

My eyes widened.

[Luz, keep it together.]

I am... I am... Shut up..!

"King?" I called out.

King looked... Horrible.

He doesn't look thinner, he looks the same as I remembered, but his proud joyful king like expression was not the same anymore.