24

Luz's POV;

"Amity."

I called out with a smile and she glanced back at me with a smile.

"Oh, Luz!" She said while walking up to me.

I sighed before grabbing her hand and giving a quick kiss on her knuckles.

[When are you marrying her?]

Not now... We're fourteen if you can understand that, you damned voice.

"Are you ready for our date?" I asked while handing her a rose from the human world.

Blue roses are hard to come by... Man, I'm lucky I had the power to teleport to places I wanna go.

[You used up half of my power and your power for that... Don't fool yourself into thinking there are no consequences for that.]

Shut up.

"Well... Yeah! I am... And... I have something to tell you, Luz."

I listened close and I listened well besides Amity while we were walking back to the same alleyway I came from.

"Anything, Amity." I said.

She had this meek smile on her face, a look of someone who did something wrong but can't put their tongue out on how to explain it.

"You see, Luz... My... My parents found out about you and I was wondering if that's ok with you..." she said.

I smiled, reassuring her as I pulled her close by the waist.

"It is perfectly fine, Amity, I don't worry for those things unless necessary." I said.

[You're clearly a dead woman, why would you ever worry for something stupid and peculiar..?]

I despise the fact that I hear everything even your own thoughts... Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing, ok?

[Not... Happening again, Luz...]

Curse you then.

Standing by the alleyway, I took the key out and put on my mask on Amity's.

"Here." I said while helping her put it on.

She chuckled a bit while she was putting it on before we walked through the door.

We stood by the cool yet soothing breeze of the afternoon, the orbs of light were a perfect scenery to look around us under the tree I chose.

"Woah... It's beautiful..."

I smiled when she said her own thoughts out loud.

[It's funny I can do the same don't you think so, Luz?]

You are not my fiancée...

[I didn't say you needed a fiancée, I said you needed a wife to stay alive...]

I winced when my head suddenly throbbed.

Scowling a bit, I hid my acts of pain from Amity with a smile.

"Sorry if the human world gets a tad cold at night..." I said.

She chuckled at me again before saying, "it's fine, Luz! I love it actually."

That felt very warm in my non-existing soul.

"Thank you, Amity." I replied before leading her over to sit down and talk all the while gaze at the sky.

[You are a pathetic lover and I'll make it clear one more time that I said to get a wife and not just a fiancée, Luz...]

I flinched and fell to my knees, holding my head and groaning as Amity's voice became faint in my ears.

[You will die if you fail to do such a simple task here, Luz... You will die and I will carve that in your skin if it means you will do it...]