40

Ed stared at the wall with a frown while Em tried to distract herself with her scroll.

"Hey... Do you think... Amity's ok?"

Em turned around her bed when Ed asked that.

Ed just stared at the wall, blinking ever so momentarily as he kept his hands clasped near his chest.

"Why ask..?" Em said.

Ed hummed before saying, "I dunno... I mean, I've never seen her care for you or me and she just suddenly snapped and got really scared when we both fell down..."

"Do you think she's ok after all of this?" He added, a look of worry evident in his face even when he wasn't looking at his twin from the other bed.

Em huffed.

"I don't know if it's a good idea to check up on her right now... Mom and dad said that we should all rest right now. Amity might be asleep and we might also just annoy her as usual if we go in her room." She said before finally peeling her attention over to her phone.

Ed sat up and gave a quick huff before laying back down with an expression of pure discontent.

"Don't get too worried, she wasn't too hurt like us. She'll be fine, we can check up on her the next thing in the morning before breakfast if you want." Em said as she suggested a fine time for a quick check.

"Ok... But wake me up..." Ed nodded.

"Sure." Em responded.

...

Amity stared out the window with a frown.

Her room felt dull for some reason and she didn't know or understand why it was happening.

Was it because of what had happened? Or is it because she feels lonely? Bored?? Discontentment???

Whatever it was, she didn't like it at all.

Grumbling a bit to herself, she stood up, and plopped herself down on her bed before huffing over the pillow.

Sleep was really not wanting to come to visit her room at the moment.

What a pity.

As she laid there for a while staring down on nothing, she felt herself perk up over something in the room.

Or moreover someone.

"Hello, Amity."

"Luz..?"

"Shh..."

There was a moment of silence as Luz smirked at her with her mask on and with Amity blushing a bit over the fact that she was so damn close in front of her face.

"W... What are you doing here..?" Amity whispered while ever so slightly glancing over the door to see if it was locked.

"I came to cheer you up." Luz whispered back with a honeyed chuckle.

Amity blushed a tad redder with a meek smile.

"Oh..? Really?" She wondered.

Luz? Here?? Just to cheer her up?

Wow, that is fantastically amazing.

"Yes, so... Do you wanna come with me?" Luz said, a wonder in her voice that seemingly made Amity stand up with an entranced smile.

As soon as Amity held Luz's hand.

It was like teleportation when Luz engulfed them in the shadows and made them both reappear on top of a large building.