73

Luz's POV;

What are you doing?

"Huh?? What?"

Raising a brow, she paused in putting her white suit on after tucking her red shirt and tie better.

You aren't preparing to go over to the emperor right now, are you?

Oh, please! We have exactly five hours before Amity's family arrives! And besides, I might be able to visit a mountain I've been meaning to go to for a while now.

Such an incoherent and irresponsible child.

Humming, I gently grabbed the bottle of holy water and drank a bit of it. What a bittersweet taste.

Aaarghh!! What the hell!?

Don't question.

You incinerated your damned stomach!

I'm already dead, wouldn't matter too much--"Aaargh!! Ow! Ow! Ow!! Not the face!!"

Popping the bottle open, I drank the whole thing down.

I could feel the tang of feeling on my whole mouth and throat now.

Uuuuurrrgghhhh!!! Disgusting and excruciating!!

"Good, now shut up for a bit."

Fine, but I heed information that you'll meet someone named Kikimora, she is the emperor's assistant and showing dominance around her is a must, I beg you to differ your childish side and act mature for your damn sake.

Eesh, I will.

Putting my red gloves and mask on, I ran into darkness and stood in the front gates of the castle where what I presume are guards came trying to apprehend me.

Talk about perfection.

"Move aside... I've been called by the emperor by himself." I said.

They took a moment to take the information in before withdrawing their weapons of choice and let me go inside the castle.

Looking around, I paused when a short thing decided to greet me.

"Hello, I am--"

"Kikimora, the second assistant of the emperor himself." I muzzled her off when she tried to finish her sentence.

She stood straight with hands behind her back.

I kept a stern look at her as I said, "show me to the emperor's throne room now, I don't waste my time this early on. Especially in the likes of you."

I think I popped a vein in her head as she had to pat her chest to clear her throat before talking as she led the way.

...

She knelt when we got in front of the throne.

"Ahh... The devil... What a surprise..."

The emperor began as he sat up straight from his throne.

I was wasting time to be honest that all I did was just stare at him.

I think he got the idea fast as he called for who I presume was Lilith standing beside him with a respectable distance from his throne.

"This is Lilith Clawthorne, the one I was talking about." He said.

I stared at Lilith. She looks nothing like Eda but if she is her sister, she must know about the curse.

"She looks nothing like the owl lady I saw in pictures... She'll have to prove she's her sister if--"

"I was the one who cursed her when we were very young."