22

Luz's POV;

Yawning, I fixed myself up for the day and walked down the stairs.

Eda was there, wearing the usual.

House clothes and all.

She doesn't really mind it too much but when mami does want her to wear something else than that, she's forced to do it and just for her too.

Hehh, classic Eda.

Chuckling to myself, I walked over to her and greeted her.

"Morning to you too, kid, meet me by the woods later, ok?" She said while ruffling my hair.

I nodded before taking a bite on my breakfast.

...

Wearing my beanie on, I walked out of the house after giving a quick kiss to mami's cheek before she leaves for work.

We should really expand the security her in our large backyard soon.

Wouldn't want any kind of bears or wolves walking around here and maybe find a way inside the house.

"Ahh, kid, you're finally here..." Eda said when I got a tad closer to her.

I smiled before I was brought rushing and dodging when she threw an attack spell at me.

"Woah?! No warnings??" I asked before catching the staff when she tossed it over.

She laughed before saying, "come here, kid, I'll teach you how to use a staff. It's about time you know how to use one too."

...

After multiple failed attempts and using up almost all our magic for training, I heaved a sigh before saying, "ok... I think I've got it now!"

Giving the staff a fast turn, y'now, like in cheerleaders, or those that lead a large band forward. I was able to cast a large circle.

I smiled.

"I did it!!" I exclaimed.

Eda laughed, clapping her hands before standing up from the rock she was sitting on to walk over to me.

"Great job, kid. Now let's teach you how to cast defense and attack spells for real this time." She said.

Wait, attack spells??

"Attack spells?!?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah, attack spells! Nobody can defend themselves forever, you need to learn how to attack back too so that they don't belittle you." She said before ruffling my hair to pay close attention to her teaching more.

Boy... It's gonna be a long day.

At least I prepared our next date tonight earlier yesterday night though. Would've been so troubling if I hadn't.

I also had to plan for the next theme in our public parties too y'now. Eda probably doesn't know much about what human parties are, still have to teach her that too.

And mami also said to fix the water pipes in the basement, I think she meant that it was leaking again. Must've been rats.

I should also really fix the only window in the basement so it has a lock on the inside.

"Kid!"

I perked up when I was taken off of my chain of thoughts.

"Oh! Sorry, owl mom! Got a little too deep in thoughts." I apologized.

She laughed at me, smiling before saying, "it's fine, but you can't be doing that in actual fights, ok?? You might get caught off guard! You've gotta focus when fighting, ok?"

"Ok." I replied.