68

Amity sat in her bed trying to recall all that's happened for the past months.

'I wonder if she is the devil just like she said she was...' she wondered aimlessly to herself before standing up to look outside.

Looking out, she saw the maze.

She still remembers the short moment with my there to smile.

Then she spotted it.

A small light from afar.

There was smoke too.

'Is there a forest fire?' she thought before she felt someone else in the room.

Turning around to look, she saw Luz smiling and waving at her while by the closed door.

She smiled.

"Luz..? What are you doing?" She whispered.

"I came a tad late this afternoon, sorry I didn't get you in the school." Luz said while handing the present to Amity.

Amity sighed before saying, "it's fine, you made me wait an hour there with the twins which are unforgivable though."

Luz perked up from that.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Amity." She whispered.

Amity snickered softly before chuckling and kissing Luz on the cheek which immediately enlightened her back.

...

"Mom?" Em raised a brow as she watched Odalia hush her down while still having an ear at the door.

Ed soon peeked behind his twin to see what was happening with Alador stopping mid-way the top of the stairs.

Odalia listened in close to the small talks inside the bedroom before silence loomed thereafter.

"Mittens is just talking to herself, as usual, mom, don't worry." Ed said.

"Wait, mittens have been talking to herself??" Em chirped.

"Oh? And how long has this been going on for, Edric?" Odalia asked.

Ed shrugged while saying, "I dunno, a few weeks ago maybe? I always hear her talking to herself in her room whenever I passed by after drinking water downstairs."

There was a moment of pause before Alador walked forward and opened the door.

Of course, it was unlocked, but empty.

"What the..?" He raised a brow before walking inside to see a box on top of the desk.

It also looked like the desk wad left just as it was mere seconds ago too.

"Where is Amity?" He asked.

Odalia sighed as she walked inside and glanced out the window.

"It looks like she's on a date tonight." She said while pointing at the smoke from afar.

Alador frowned.

"And without permission?" He asked.

"Oh, it's fine, dear! You never asked my parents for their permission to go on dates with you." Odalia huffed.

"Huh... Must be a small bonfire." Em wondered before smirking and saying, "I bet ten on the box that it has treats in it by Luz."

"Luz? Is that her fiancée's name?" Alador asked.

"Yeah, and I bit fifteen on the box that it's not treats." Ed said while smirking back at his twin.

Odalia chuckled before saying, "I'm bet to allow you two to do anything past your curfew just like Amity that these are expensive."

The twins gasped in excitement.

"Yeah!!" They cheered.

What about you, dad?" They asked next.

Alador huffed and glanced back on the window before perking up a small smile.

"A hundred for you two and a restaurant date to my sweetheart if you two decide to follow and investigate who this person Amity sees every night." He said.

The twins gasped again, this time there was the thrill in it.