74

Luz's POV;

I did not expect that.

Neither did I.

Wait, seriously!? What??? You!?

Enough and take her, she'll be a fine sacrifice to the pit.

Can't you see the situation here??

That's my other mom's sister, she's my aunt here, y'now. How do you think she'll react if I told her I feasted on her old sister's soul because the emperor gave her??

Hey! Hey!! Answer me!

"Is there anything else that you want other than the owl lady's sister?"

I huffed when the emperor asked.

He seemed... A tad chippered than last time.

Did something good happen to him or something?

"No need... She'll do... For now." I said while giving a glance over to her.

She wore a frown, her face wasn't clear for the others but I was sure to seeing a look of fear, worry, even trust issues upon herself of what she thinks she's about to do.

"Brilliant."

I nodded when the emperor commented a bit on my answer back to him.

Pointing a finger at Lilith, I told her specific things.

"Keep it quiet until I say so, until then, you'll have to follow me."

The throne room was dark.

There were dark spots everywhere, even near the large gold-laced heavy doors.

"Make sure to keep your words... I expect the owl lady in front of me by next week."

I sighed as I saw Lilith's expression change to complete shock and confusion.

She must've not known about that one.

"I understand, emperor Belos. I will try to bring the owl lady to her knees in front of you, even if it means fighting her to do it." I said before grabbing Lilith's hand and going through.

I didn't care if I muzzled her off from saying something back in the throne room.

She's my aunt and that's what I'm trying to understand doing.

There are still a few hours left before they arrive in front of the owlhouse's gates. I'm sure that Hooty will recognize them by names if they ever decide to come early, I did teach him how to wake the kitchen up if he ever needed to do something to entertain the guests a bit.

Like he'll ever need to do those at all.

As soon as we arrived at the destination is chose. The noise of cars came right around the corner of the dark alleyway.

Sighing, I smiled and took in the air.

You're dead.

Don't ruin the moment.

"Where... Where am..."

I glanced over to Lilith who was looking around.

Chuckling, I took my mask off to reveal my humane features.

"Welcome to the human realm, aunt Lilith." I said.

Hehehh... Aunt Lilith. Funny.

She confessed that she cursed Edalyn.

How can she be that bad?? The emperor is worse, I'm pretty sure he told her to do it at a young age.

You're daydreaming.

I sure am.

"Hm... You wouldn't fit going out there with witch ears..."

Pondering I stared at Lilith who took her time before drawing a spell in one hand.