59

Eda snickered a bit as she watched King jump in fright over a stuffy that was displayed decoratively by the table.

"Oh, calm down." She huffed before making her way back through the door.

She let out a sigh before walking downstairs.

"Hey, kid, let's... Go..."

She paused when she saw the bloody mess in the living room.

Luz perked up realizing what she had done after looking down.

"Ahh... I did it again..." She huffed with a frown while looking at her blood ridden shirt and shoes.

"Kid, what happened..?"

She turned around to see Eda by the stairs, she looked dead serious at her.

Luz gulped before saying, "s... Sorry, I didn't mean to kill them. I swear it was an accident, owl mom, I didn't mean to do it. I promise."

"Oh, I'm not worried about the mess or the dead body on the floor. You own this house now. What I'm worried about is why this happened." Eda said before continuing with, "what happened?"

Luz sighed trying to calm herself down to gather her thoughts together.

"They were trespassing and saying they own this house, and since they thought I was killable, they tried to stab me with a knife. Well, more like, I showed them what would happen if they tried stabbing me with a knife." She explained before continuing with, "but, I swear it was all an accident!"

Eda hummed before saying, "I guess... This is fine. I don't have that much control over you and your house, Hooty doesn't seem to mind it too. He eats pretty much anything."

Luz raised a brow in confusion.

"Are you suggesting I feed this body to Hooty?" She asked.

"What?? Pff--as if! I mean, I'm not the one in charge here anymore so I don't care. Seems a little disgusting though." Eda said before continuing with, "and hey, also... Try not to make it seem like you live here so nobody tried checking what your background is, ok?"

Luz stared at her for a moment before falling into a snickering laugh.

"Sure, sure." She laughed.

...

"Ahh... Hexside, it's been quite a long time since I've seen this garbage for a strict for a school up close." Eda said as she took in the scenery.

Luz chuckled a bit before saying, "of course, you have... Just without the 'disguise' is all..?"

Eda laughed and patted her back.

"Yep, and it's a good thing that you changed your bloody clothes into a new set of clothes before we got here!" She said before they both walked inside.

...

"Yes? How may I help you? Oh! A human..?"

Luz waved at the principal who was in their office.

It made them chuckle a bit over the small gesture.

"Well... What does a human like you doing here?" He asked.

"I want to be enrolled in Hexside." Luz said.

"Oh, I'm not sure humans can do magic, but that wouldn't be too bad of an idea, where's you're guardian?" He chided.