57

Eda slammed the door wide, making Luz spring up from her bed in surprise over the loud bang.

It sounded like someone pulled the trigger at someone here.

"Alright, kid! It's been three days! Time to enroll you at Hexside."

Eda was somehow cheerful today.

Luz blinked a few times as she swiped a side of her hair aside. For someone who always keeps their hair drawn back, it's grown quite long in the front than in the back over her short undercut.

"Sheesh, kid, are you growing out bangs or something, you're gonna get the hots on almost all the girls and boys if they see you with your hair like that." Eda commented while checking the door she just slammed open.

Luz sighed while trying to get out of bed. It was somewhat early for the night owls.

It's eleven in the morning or so by now, and thanks to Luz being an inanimated corpse, she can sleep more than a month through without eating. More likely, she eats whenever she feels like it, she can also just consume tons of salt or sugar without having any humane consequences over it.

Lucky.

"You woke me up from a rest to get me to school now?" She wondered while yawning and stretching off to pop stiff joints.

Eda laughed with hands on her waist as she said, "kid, my curse is more evident in this world than in your world, so I'm making this quick... As possible too, please?"

Luz smiled while drawing a spell to change into better clothes.

The usual white shirt with black pants and white shoes as usual.

"Alright, alright, let's go. The sooner the better after all." She said while grabbing gel for her hair.

"Great! Meet me downstairs, we'll use that confusing new power of yours that you have that makes us teleport through shadow to shadow to stay low!" Eda said before walking out of the room.

Luz sighed while checking her face in the mirror.

She chuckled a bit before messing with one of her keen abilities. One relating to being able to change eye color.

"I should turn my eyes lilac blue of the sort to keep a low profile." She wondered while doing as she was thinking of doing.

The color wasn't much to her style but it somehow worked quite well with her looks here.

"Luz."

Luz perked up over King's voice by the doorway.

'Talk about perfect timing...' she wondered as she gave a welcoming smile while saying, "yes, King?"

King huffed before looking around the room while saying, "can I come with you to Hexside?"

"Oh? Why's that?" Luz asked with a raised brow.

"Well... Hooty said there was one of the guards outside trying to peek through the windows last night." King said.

"Guard? What kind of guard?" Luz asked while walking over and crouching in front of King, she was still keeping the same smile from before.

King hummed before saying, "the kind that grabbed me last time??"

"Oh." Luz chirped.

"I see... Well, it's all been planned that you go with Eda to the human realm today... So I'm not sure she'd accept me bringing you with me to Hexside, we're going there too." She continued.