71

"She was human." Odalia said, her chin over clasped hands as she stared intently at nothing in the master bedroom.

Alador felt a tad awkward in the situation.

"Is there something you want to talk about..?" He began.

"Yes, humans can't do magic, but she drew a spell circle with one hand like it was nothing..." Odalia said.

Alador hummed.

"Is that so..?" He said.

"Yes! It's like she's created spells since she was young when she did a spell." Odalia said while pointing clasped hands towards nothing in front of her.

"I wonder..." She continued.

Alador sighed and continued to listen.

"What family did she come from..? Was she ever adopted? Or perhaps, her family is composed of a human and a witch or wizard?"

Odalia was now theorizing here. Oh.

"Maybe so, dear, but please get some rest now. We still have plans on seeing Amity's fiancée tomorrow." Alador said while shifting to lay sideways.

Odalia gasped and sat up from her bed whilst leaning slightly towards Alador.

"We'll finally meet her? But how should we interact with the human? We're seen as strict to the public eye and Amity along with the twins does so too." She said.

"We'll figure that out first thing in the morning. What matters is that Amity brings her tomorrow." Alador said while glancing over his shoulder.

"Still though... We uphold a name here, one mistake would be enough to taint it... Much so that Boscha's dear mother might find out and call it out to the whole isles itself." Odalia said before crossing her arms.

Alador sighed again.

"Yes, dear... Will put on strict looks, we'll make sure that this human knows what happens when our children get hurt, either it is physical or emotional." He assured making Odalia smile a bit before laying back down to sleep.

Before having to sit back up again when they felt a shift of magic. They didn't understand why but something felt off near them.

"Did you feel that..?" Alador asked while patting his chest.

Odalia nodded as they both slowly got out of their bed to check where the sudden shift had come from.

It was inside Amity's room.

...

Placing the small flower in it's small yet perfectly manageable pot down beside the gift box.

Luz continued to wear a smile while fixing her mask a bit on her face as she walked over to Amity who smiled slowly over the quick calming shift of magic in the air.

'Told you that flower had a cool magic thing in it to be a nicer item to have than a dream catcher.'

Gently brushing a bit of Amity's hair aside.

She straightened herself up when she heard and saw the door open slowly.

...

Alador and Odalia stared at Luz who's back was cast with the moon's light, having her front shaded by darkness.

It was neither dark for Luz's front feature to be hidden but it was light enough for them to see her smile as she raised a finger while hushing them.