46

Luz stared at nothing but the ceiling before finally, her phone rang.

She sighed and picked it up hastily.

"Hello." She began.

"Hello, to you too, my dear, and where are you?"

It was Lucifer.

"None of your business, now what else do you want??" Luz replied.

"Oh, see... Well, anyway, I just called to say hello, it's hard getting a good reception down here in hell but all worked well." Lucifer huffed.

As soon as Luz did notice more on the background noises through the phone, she could hear faint screaming and the loud crackling of fire.

Yep, he was in hell alright.

"Sure... Whatever." She huffed before dropping the call and placing her phone back inside her pocket.

She continued to stare at the ceiling again, this time around, Hooty opened up a conversation with her.

What sorcery has happened you ask? Nothing, one of them just thought it'd be cursed if Hooty was written down to be interactive in the story. I'm not promising that though.

"Hey, Luz, who was that? Hoot."

Luz glanced over the open door with a dull glare.

"Nothing of bother for you, Hooty, I'd prefer you'd keep that beak shut, it looks livelier that way." She pondered out.

"Ohh... Really??"

Well, Hooty fell for that and kept quiet as Luz went back to staring at the ceiling again.

How long is she going to do this you might ask?? For an eternity because she's an inanimated corpse now.

"Hey, Luz!"

Luz perked up over Eda's voice.

Standing up, she made her way upstairs to see Eda looking at something, she had a puzzled look on her face when she got closer.

"Yes, owl mom?" Luz wondered.

Eda pointed towards what she was looking at.

Luz glanced over to see a large box, wrapped in an all beautiful shade of red and yellow, with the ribbon being black.

"What the heck is that..?" She asked.

Eda shrugged in more confusion.

"But it wasn't there since forever that's what I'm sure of." She said.

Luz hummed before saying, "I'll check it out, you can go wait downstairs in case something bad happens."

"What!? I'm not gonna just leave you here to something that suspicious!!" Eda shot up.

"Then you can watch but maybe keep a fair safe distance while you're at it." Luz huffed as she began walking over to reach a hand out.

"Careful." Eda commented after taking a step back.

Luz gave an amused smirk as she said, "I'm already dead, owl mom."

And as soon as she unwrapped the ribbon off, she was greeted with a funny surprise.

"I'm the present!!!"

Eda smiled wide and rushed over.

"King!!" She exclaimed while pulling the little demon into a big hug.

Funny, she doesn't do hugs too often anymore.

Luz whistled loud in awe.

"King, it's so good to see you again." She said.

King glanced over his shoulder before giving a discomforted look.

"And who are you??" He asked.

Luz chuckled before saying, "it's me, Luz?? Remember? Bread puns for life?"

King took his time before laughing and raising his paws to hug Luz next.

"I missed you a lot, Luz!! You've changed!" He chippered.

"And you haven't changed a lot too, Mr. Wiggles." Luz teased back.