45

"Hey, Em, when are we getting back on mittens for the salt prank she did?" Ed asked while sitting to finish their homework at the table.

To be clear, Ed lost on a bet with Em and now he has to do both their homework before school.

Em shrugged.

"Can't today, some other time will work. She'll probably be grumpy early in the morning." She said while flipping the pancake in the pan with one hand.

Ed huffed before they both shot up over what sounded like a scream.

Even their dad, Alador was brought jumping out of his bed and rushing to Amity's bedroom.

"What happened!?" He asked when he bust the door open in one go for a twist on the knob with the twins hurrying over behind him.

"Dad, can I keep it!??" Amity said while holding a kitten in both hands.

"Meow!" The kitten squealed.

Alador was a little confused about where her youngest daughter got the cat until he noticed a piece of paper near Amity's hand.

Grabbing it, it read out, 'oh, and I wondered if you wanted a pet so I bought this from the nearest pet store open just when I got you home.'

He huffed before agreeing.

Amity laughed while swinging the baby feline in front of her.

It didn't mind, in fact, it liked it.

As if.

"Cool pet, what kind is it?? Never seen that before." Ed wondered.

"It's a cat." Amity answered with a wide smile.

Of course a wide smile, Luz bought it for her, readers. Who wouldn't fall in love with someone who buys them a pet?

Em grinned as she pulled her twin slightly and whispered, "it's probably from her fiancée."

Ed snickered a bit chuckling from that with Amity not realizing it as she continued to adore the kitten in her hold that was 'smiling' at her back.

...

"Ughh... This is too sweet!!" Luz groaned out while holding the bitten apple in one hand near the pit.

"Pff--! No way am I gonna grab innocent people! Their souls might be better than the sinners because they're too sugarcoated, but no, ok!?" She scoffed before pausing.

Scowling, she crushed the apple in one hand before dropping it all back down into the pit.

"I'll take a bath in holy water more than once... Do not test me." She growled before swaying her hand to get rid of the red liquid that came from the apple she crushed to bits.

Grabbing a tissue from her pocket, she wiped her hands clean with it before tossing the used tissue unto the pit.

"Oh, don't say that! If anybody found out about this place, they'd probably leave like they never saw this if they want to live. Like right now, he might've seen the pit but he didn't make it out alive." Luz said as she walked out of the place and through the shadows.

Sighing, she greeted Hooty who greeted back and opened the door for her.

Walking inside, she smiled a bit when Eda changed the interior a bit to her likings. Like she cared much for it.

Still, she was somewhat thankful.

"Why the change?" She asked with a chuckle over Eda who was drinking a cup of apple blood by the kitchen.

"You'll get used to it, kid." Eda snickered back.