53

"Yeah, mom said we can use that if you don't say yes." Ed shrugged.

Amity stared wide eyes at him before her face began turning red.

Was it embarrassment? Perhaps.

"Why... Why dates..?" She asked trying to keep herself calm in the situation she was now in.

The twins were confused. Well, the word date has more than one meaning here so it's very confusing.

"Yes, dates."

The three perked up to see Odalia by the door leaning slightly on its frame while she was at it.

"M-Mom!?" Amity shot up, I mean, she literally sprung her her chair here.

Ed was confused just like Em who was looking inside the pink box and the macaroons. She was curious here.

"Young lady, don't think I and your father don't hear you sneaking back inside your room every night at eight?" Odalia smiled with a raised brow.

Amity was in shock.

'They knew all along!??' she thought as she forced a meek laugh out of her throat to ease herself down.

Odalia had a smirk on her face while she was talking to Amity who was trying to find an 'excuse'.

...

"Is that all?" Odalia hummed.

"Yeah! I swear I wasn't doing anything underage and all!! I promise!" Amity stammered out.

"Woah!! Mittens! What are these? These taste amazing!" Em charmed before taking another macaroon from the box. Now Ed was curious here too.

"Really?" He chirped.

Amity hummed.

'Those were only for me though...' she thought.

"And is that a gift from her?" Odalia wondered.

Amity yanked her attention back to Odalia and reluctantly nodded.

"Well... Your father did give me gifts no matter the day, I suppose I can set this aside... But if this fiancée of yours dare bring you somewhere in the slightest danger, you are banned from having date nights from her." She said before asking, "do you promise that for me, dear?"

"Uhh--Yeah!! Yes! I'm promising!" Amity nodded eagerly.

"Wow... Mom's got you in the back real cold, mittens." Ed commented.

"Yeah... I bet she keeps an eye on everything we do when we're not home even." Em wondered.

Amity stared at the twins with a frown as she sighed before saying, "I'm guessing there's no declining here anymore. Fine, I'll go to your 'sibling bonding' thing."

"Yeah!!" The twins cheered in victory.

...

"The night hour zoos are boring." Amity commented as she watched what looked like a five eyed monkey swing left to right on a swing set.

Here in the boiling isles, wow.

"Hey, don't be like that, mittens. You can't judge a book by its cover y'now!" Em said before continuing with, "but since you read books, you probably just go for the cover."

"Hey..." Amity hummed.

The twins laughed it off though.

"What?? Isn't that how you got into reading that fantasy witch thing?? What was it called?? Azura or something?" Ed wondered.

"Ok, first of all, I found it while looking inside the library for something nice, second of all, I read the title, not the cover." Amity scoffed.

Em chuckled a bit before saying, "sounds like the same thing to me."