15

"Cami?? What's wrong?" Eda asked when she got over to both nurses.

Camila cried, clinging to Eda who was a little shocked as she patted her back.

"Cami, what's wrong? What happened?" She asked.

Camila sniffled.

"It's Luz..." She cried.

Eda's eyes widened as she gave Camila a quick squeeze.

"It's gonna be ok..." She said.

"I might not know much about how a human body works yet... But I'll make sure it's gonna be ok." She whispered.

...

"I'm sorry... I did everything I could... She's gone." The doctor said when she got out of the room.

Camila rushed inside the surgery room with Eda trying to catch up behind her.

In the table covered with white clothing was now a pronounced dead girl.

Eda clutched the air as she walked over and placed a hand on Camila's shoulder as the other doctors and nurses left the room for them.

"Eda... Please tell me you know some kind of magic to bring her back!" Camila cried.

Eda gulped as she looked away with a frown.

"I..." She stuttered.

"It's just..! I don't know if it'll work." She muttered.

Camila wiped a few tears and sniffled as she said, "please... Please... Bring her back, she was so young..!"

Eda gulped again, she couldn't decline the cries Camila was giving her.

"Alright... But you need to stand back, block the door with one of the chairs and make sure nobody dares open it." She said.

'It's illegal to raise the dead unless you have a permit from the Emperor but...' she thought as she watched Camila stood back after blocking the door with one chair.

Eda took out her staff and began casting a spell around the room.

Lines of yellow struck everywhere as she began casting the spell.

...

It was the morning light that blinded Luz when she sat up from her bed.

"What the..?" She mumbled before gasping as she felt around her chest.

Yanking the white shirt up, her eyes widened in shock as she let out a loud scream.

Immediately did running come from outside with Camila busting the door wide with Eda tripping and falling forward when the door opened.

Camila stood there, frozen.

Luz had a shocked look as she began patting her face.

"Wait!! I died! How!? What!??" She began stammering before getting slightly choked when Camila rushed squeezing her in her arms.

Eda quickly stood up, fixing herself.

"Oh, thank you, Eda!!" Camila cried while hugging Luz closer.

Luz was baffled.

"What... Happened..? I... I have a wound that looks like a gunshot and... I feel dead but... Alive..!??" She stammered out.

"It's ok, kid, you're still here... You're not dead, but physically dead." Eda said when she sat down in the bed.

Luz gulped.

"H... How long have I been asleep?? My nails look dead!" She said.

"Three years." Eda answered.

Luz almost choked on her breath. But no, she didn't breathe, she was a living corpse.

"I missed... Three years of her birthday..!???" She wheezed out of her system when Camila took her hold off of her.