44

"I wasn't doing anything!" Amity blurted out with a red face.

The twins just stared at her with dumbfounded looks.

'Is she for real??'

For once, their hearts were one over that simple-minded thought.

"Ok... But... We just came over to check up on you... After y'now... What happened yesterday." Em mumbled out.

Ed nodded with that statement before he glanced around and noticed the pink box from the corner of his eyes.

"Hey, what's that?" He asked while pointing at it.

Amity shot up covering it with her back.

"Nothing! You saw nothing!! Just get out already!" She blurted out.

The twins perked up having to shut Amity's door in confusion and surprise at the actions she was doing.

"Huh..." Ed huffed before asking, "do you think she's ok though?? Maybe what happened yesterday was just too much that she could be traumatized right now!"

"Oh, please, Ed... You overthink too much, she's fine, she just... Has whatever this thing we are still going through called puberty. Probably?" Em scoffed back with a quick wave of a hand.

Ed hummed.

"Maybe you're right... I guess I'm just overthinking it... I mean she did somewhat cry when we fell y'now." He shrugged.

Em frowned and gave her a light punch in the shoulder.

"Don't say that mom and dad might kill you just by bringing that up." She huffed

"Aww, c'mon, y'now we make fun of mittens all the time! But I'm worried here!" Ed whined.

Em frowned as she said, "yeah... So am I... But they'll kill you if you bring that up so stop."

"True, but can I just ask her later on? Mom left early today to meet up on some business stuff and dad's having a break from work which means you're the one in charge with cooking breakfast here." Ed said before continuing with, "c'mon, just let me ask her and that's that."

"I don't make plans on what you do but if you want to, I don't care anymore, just try not to get killed, mittens might be the one who's gonna kill you instead here." Em shrugged as she walked down the stairs to prepare breakfast.

...

Amity huffed a sigh of relief as she tried to keep herself from falling to her knees.

She was wheezing for air here while trying to keep her demeanor together.

"Ok, Amity... It's fine, they don't know what macaroons are... I'm sure they won't try doing something to it..." She assured herself.

Which only made her suspicions worsen.

Grumbling she had to decide.

'Luz wouldn't mind what I'd do with it... It's dessert, there's nothing too special on something like this when you know it'll all disappear.' she wondered before chaining it over with, 'yeah... Luz has given me other things than this, it's fine, Amity. Even if it's your new favorite dessert right now.'

She chuckled a bit to herself before she heard it.

A whimper under her bed.

Her eyes widened a bit in confusion as she took a step back to face her bed.