38

Luz's POV;

"To take account of what you've done, I'm taking him." I said.

"Please, don't! He's our only child left!" Katrin begged on my knees when I said that.

I didn't care.

"Why do you care? You've sacrificed one of your children before, haven't you? Why care now?" I asked.

"What? One of..? What??"

I heard a mutter from aside.

Michael wasn't told then.

"Didn't your family ever tell you of your older brother that they gave away to me just so they can live a better life?" I asked.

He shook his head with reluctance on hearing an answer.

"You had an older brother, we met when you were still naive and your parents kept you from seeing me in person. You were there when your brother left, the only difference was that you didn't see the ending of what had happened next." I said before drawing a spell to chain his hands together.

"Come along." I continued.

I hope Eda doesn't worry much when I suddenly left back there.

I'll have to think of some kind of excuse over it when I get back.

...

Everything burnt bright with a shade of blue everywhere.

The pit is always hungry.

And I'm always ready to give it a sacrifice when I'm given a chance to do so.

[Put him into the pit.]

I huffed.

You're too excited. His older brother went into the pit on their own, he has to do the same thing too. I'm not that insane to just shove him forward here.

[Clearly, it's more insane ordering him to fall down than pushing him in.]

You don't know how this all works.

Be happy I haven't started a cult for them to do the sacrifices for me. That's crueler than I'll ever be.

"Where am I..?"

I glanced over to him when he finally said something when we arrived.

"Welcome to the gates of Hell." I said.

His eyes widened and he was already fumbling his hands around trying to break the chains just to escape.

I raised a hand and clutched him down to the ground to face the large emptiness the pit has to offer for us.

"Look closely, Michael, this is where your brother went down, you should be grateful your parents erased the memory when he left your family..." I said, tightening my grip a bit when he tried to tear himself away.

[You'll pop his lungs out if you don't loosen your hold.]

"You'll pop both your lungs out if you don't stop squirming on my hold, Michael." I scoffed.

[You've got to be kidding me, Luz.]

I sighed when he didn't listen.

I hate doing sacrifices, this is the fifth one and I still have to wait more years until I'm able to propose to Amity so I can stop these.

For a moment or two, I watched him continue to move around before finally wheezing when one lung did give out.

I sighed again.

"This is why your brother loved you so much, huh..?" I wondered before tossing him in.

His eyes were filled with horror and shock before he vanished in complete darkness and his magic fragments flew out.

Catching it in one hand, I held a red glistening apple.