115. The Other Half - Part 1

An uneventful day in Ponyville...

Star Twinkle was on his way to Twilight's castle. He pulled a wagon behind him, filled with some small furniture and other stuff that indicated that someone was moving. Twilight asked him to help with Starlight Glimmer's room. Now that she was about to be Twilight's student in all things related to friendship, Twilight figured that it would be best if she lived inside the castle as well. And Star Twinkle was tasked to help Twilight to decorate and find a new room for the mare.

It didn't take long until Twilight greeted the stallion after he entered the castle. "There you are!" The mare said in an excited tone. "Come on! Over this way!"

This behavior confused Star Twinkle a little. "Why are you so excited?" He asked.

The mare explained as she led the way through the castle with Star Twinkle following right behind. "I'm just so excited to get a new roommate. I want everything to be perfect for Starlight once she returns." A very predictable answer after Star Twinkle thought about it.

"I can tell," Star Twinkle replied. He then looked back at the cart behind him. "Still, what are all those things that you asked me to gather? There are a little bit random if you ask me."

Of course, there was furniture in the cart, some things like small chairs and shelves, something that fits in a room. However, there were some other things in the mix that didn't make much sense for Star Twinkle. Just to prove his point, the stallion took out one random thing from the cart. "Do you really think she needs a kite?"

"You think she doesn't like kites?" Twilight asked, completely missing the point of what Star Twinkle actually wanted to get at.

Star Twinkle looked at the kite with a tired expression on his face. Pointing the problem out would end up dragging this out longer so Star Twinkle decided to just keep it like that. "I don't know...maybe?"

Twilight was aware of all that though. "I don't know much about Starlight Glimmer but I do know she is trying her best to change her ways. I'm just making sure that we'll support her, even if it just means that we're making this place a little bit more comfortable."

Star Twinkle was still not sure how a bunch of random items was gonna accomplish that but it was probably Twilight's overly prepared intentions that were responsible for that. He put the kite back in the cart again and Twilight decided to teleport both of them, as well as the cart inside the castle to save some time. The stallion was not aware that he was about to help further but from the looks of it, it was already too late so he just continued setting everything up in Starlight Glimmer's new room.

Meanwhile...

On a small hill not too far away from Ponyville somepony was silently looking over the small town watching the ponies going on with their daily lives. It was the pony in the black armor, the same pony that attacked Star Twinkle at Twilight's coronation and, unbeknownst to everyone, took care of Starlight Glimmer while she tried to escape with everyone's Cutie Marks back at her town.

"Ponyville..." a stallion said as he walked up to the hill to join the pony in the black armor in watching this view. "It's been a while," the stallion added in a nostalgic-sounding tone.

The stallion had a red coat, a white mane with red stripes in it, and red eyes. His name was Arcana, a pony that Summershine met on his journeys through Equestria. The unicorn that he was supposedly after for some unknown reason. When Summershine came across him, the pony in the black armor was with him as well which meant that the two were most likely working together. This time they seemed to be on the move for something