37. In front of the Storm

A few days ago...

The three Pegasi, Steel Wing, Featherbrain and Cloud Head were flying over the badlands in the south of Equestria and almost reached their destination:
The Headquarter of the Storm Wings.

On their way back from Ponyville, Steel Wing mostly remained silent which worried his two companions, who both flew behind him.

"The boss sure is mad..." Featherbrain asked.

"Isn't he always kinda mad?" Cloud Head replied.

Steel Wing showed no reaction, even though he heard them and focused on his landing after he got close enough to the fortress of the Storm Wings.

Steel Wing, Featherbrain, and Cloud Watcher landed in the middle of the fortress and were greeted by several other ponies.
While Featherbrain and Cloud Watcher were both surrounded by everypony, Steel Wing walked away angrily.
All he wanted now was to talk with his leader.

He walked up the stairs of the fortress that lead to the upper floor of the fortress.
When he arrived at the top floor, nopony was in sight so Steel Wing decided to raise some attention.

"Mystic!" He shouted across the fortress on top of his lungs.
"Where are you!?"

Steel Wing knew that he was heard and waited surprisingly patient.

Eventually, a figure stepped out of a barely lit room and revealed himself in front of Steel Wing.

"Do you always have to be so loud?
Honestly, every time I hear your voice, I have the feeling that my ears are flying off," Mystic said, clearly annoyed by Steel Wings entrance.

Mystic was a Unicorn with a dark purple coat, a dark blue mane with yellow stripes, dark blue eyes and a cloud of mist as a Cutie Mark.

"What is going on here?" Said Cyclone Wing who walked up the stairs and approached the two ponies.

"Cyclone, would you be so kind to tell your brother that he should be a little quieter?" Mystic demanded.

Cyclone Wing was sure that it was Steel Wing's voice that he heard but he was still confused to see his brother.

"Tornado?
What are you doing here?
Weren't you supposed to wait near Ponyville until further instructions?" Asked Cyclone Wing, surprised why his brother was back so early.

"I was but he called me back!" Steel Wing exclaimed angrily while pointing at Mystic.

Cyclone seemed confused to hear that and turned to Mystic.

"Why is that?" He asked with a slightly annoyed look on his face.

Mystic, however, remained calm, despite Steel Wing's behavior against him.

"I just tried to minimize the mistakes," Mystic explained.

Steel Wing was about to shout at Mystic again but Cyclone Wing raised his hoof in front of him to stop him.

"We can't allow giving orders that one of us isn't aware of.
This will only cause more confusion in this group," Cyclone Wing explained.

"We also can't allow him to mess up and let everypony know what we were after," Mystic explained.

Steel Wing got angry again because of Mystics blaming words towards him and didn't let himself be stopped this time.

"Mess up?
I already had them in my hooves!" He exclaimed.

But instead getting a response from Mystic, Cyclone Wing answered to that.

"What do you mean?
I haven't even sent a messenger to let you start the mission," Cyclone Wing pointed out.