87. Ponyville's new look

It was early in the morning. Star Twinkle was just on his way to work. As usual, he was still a little grumpy because he couldn't sleep too well last night, like almost every other night. That didn't stop Star Twinkle to still attend work though. He might be lazy or grumpy, but he was also dependable when it came to showing up to his work. If it wasn't for that, he would have surely be fired a long time ago by Steel Hammer.

"I hope the day goes by fast so that I can take a nap soon..." Star Twinkle mumbled to himself before his eyes began to slowly close on his way to work because of the lack of sleep.

But his eyes shot open again after he heard the loud voice of his boss coming closer to him. "Star Twinkle!" Steel Hammer screamed in frustration through the streets of Ponyville as he ran towards Star Twinkle. He stopped right in front of the stallion and took a short breath before he explained what flustered him so much. "Something really weird happened to the Iron Hammer!" He simply said as if he expected Star Twinkle to solve the problem by just saying that.

Star Twinkle was already on his way to the Iron Hammer and, of course, he had to look at the Iron Hammer eventually so he followed Steel Hammer back to his workshop to see what was going on.

While walking towards the Iron Hammer, Steel Hammer couldn't help but express his worries. "Now, I don't know how to deal with a problem like this and I sure hope that this will not be the end of my workshop!" The stallion explained heavily worried.

"Come on," Star Twinkle replied. "I think you are overreacting a little," he said after seeing how Steel Hammer was getting more and more worried about his workshop.

Steel Hammer didn't reply and just glared at Star Twinkle before he then pointed forward with his hoof without a word. Star Twinkle looked in front of him, at the Iron Hammer. As soon as he saw the state of the workshop, he took everything he said about Steel Hammer's paranoia back.

"Okay...that is a little weird," Star Twinkle had to admit after taking a close look at the Iron Hammer at this very moment.

The anvil-shaped workshop, which was previously gray was now golden with little diamond pieces scattered all over it. It was also very shiny and looking at it for too long quickly blinded Star Twinkle, causing him to cover his eyes.

"It's the same from the inside! I can't see where I'm going or let alone work in there because I can't open my eyes for too long until I get blinded by everything!" He explained bothered.

"Yeah, I think I can see your problem now..." Star Twinkle admitted. "But I don't think I can do anything about it," he added.

Steel Hammer sighed. "Yeah, I know...I think I go over to Twilight. She usually has a spell or two ready for situations like this..." he said before he turned around from the sight of his workshop.

"Wait? Does that mean...no work today?" Star Twinkle asked with a hopeful expression on his face.

Steel Hammer turned around for a moment to give an answer. "Didn't you hear what I said? We can't work with all this stuff shining like that. Go home, I'll talk with you once this has been taken care of," he explained before he walked away to meet Twilight about this matter.

A wide smile formed on Star Twinkle's face after he heard those words. Hearing that he didn't have to work for today was probably the best thing that could happen now. His grumpiness also vanished and he happily walked back home again, looking forward to taking a good nap and get some sleep back.

His happiness, however, quickly transformed into confusion once he arrived back home again. "I could swear that this is the place where my house used to be..." Star Twinkle said as he kept inspecting his surroundings to make sure that he was in the right place. But once he figured that he was at the right place, he returned a confused look in front of him.