72. Go Go Power Ponies!

It was only recently when Star Twinkle and his friends visited the Castle of the Two Sisters because of different reasons. After their visit, they came to the conclusion that it was neither haunted nor inhabited by a so-called "Pony of Shadows". Knowing that they all decided to give the castle an overall makeover so that it would not rot.

Twilight originally came up with the idea and asked her friends to join in to help. Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer were there as well. Because of their job, it only felt natural to ask them for help. Luckily for Star Twinkle, the work was done while on his usual work time, meaning that he didn't have to do work on top of doing more work afterward. It was more like going to work with his friends around him. This made it actually a little bit more fun.

Twilight did her best to assigning everypony to do some work while also helping here and there. Applejack fixed the decoration on the walls, Rarity fixed the banners and the pictures of the castle, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy took care of the higher places of the castle, and Pinkie Pie cleaned the whole place.

Star Twinkle and Steel Hammer were responsible to repair some broken walls in the castle. A lot of them had holes to fill or bricks to replace. The two Earth Ponies were busy replacing some of the bricks and did their best to make it look as good as new again.

As usual, Star Twinkle was not too excited to do this. "Say...why exactly are we repairing an old castle where nopony lives anymore?" He asked as he was attending the wall in front of him, his eyes practically revealing how bored he was.

"You are always looking for reasons to avoid a little bit of hard work, huh?" Steel Hammer said as he shook his head just by the thought that they were both doing the same job in the same workshop.

"Yeah...that's the plan..." Star Twinkle thought. He could obviously not say that out loud or else his boss would scold him, something that he rather wanted to avoid.

In the middle of their work, Spike occasionally wandered from one pony to another to offer his help but nopony seemed to be in need of that. Eventually, he came across the two Earth Ponies. Star Twinkle noticed the little dragon approaching him and stopped for a moment to see what he wanted.

"Do you two need any help?" Spike asked immediately with wide eyes, like a little colt who was just about to get a present at Hearts Warming Eve.

"We're all good, Spike, don't worry," Steel Hammer replied as he was attending the wall in front of him, not even bothering to look at Spike.

Spike reacted with a frown. It could have been because of how Steel Hammer replied to his question but Star Twinkle had a feeling that this was not the reason. "What's the matter, Spike?" He asked in order to find out why he was so depressed all of a sudden.

Spike let out a sigh. "It's just..." He looked over at the other as they were doing their work in the castle. "Everypony is doing something and they don't need my help at all...Twilight even wanted me to sit somewhere quiet to finish my comic..."

Star Twinkle had trouble understanding the problem and tilted his head to the side. "So...nopony needs your help and you are free to just relax and read a Comic Book?" Star Twinkle asked to which Spike nodded. Star Twinkle then narrowed his eyes in confusion. "I'm not seeing the problem here..."

Steel Hammer only shook his head for a moment, behind Star Twinkle's back and then returned to his work again. Spike's mood didn't seem to be affected by Star Twinkle's words and he continued to frown.

He couldn't just leave the little dragon-like that so he tried to change the subject in order to cheer him up. Star Twinkle then noticed the backpack that Spike was wearing and saw a comic book sticking out of it. "What comic are you reading?" He asked, hoping that talking about it would make him forget his worry.