97. More Friends, More Chaos

The Grand Galloping Gala was around the corner once more...

Thinking back at the last gala, Star Twinkle had mixed feelings about it. The first gala he attended was a disaster, even though his friends all agreed that it was fun because everything went wrong. This time around, everypony tried to make this event go well, though.

Star Twinkle, as well as the rest of his friends, all got their golden tickets for the gala already. Princess Celestia generously provided all of them with a ticket right away which removed needless complications, something that Twilight well remembered and really appreciate to not go through again.

Still, there was something else that had to be taken care of...

Everypony who got a ticket for the gala was allowed to take someone else with them. It was probably Princess Celestia's way of not repeating the same mistake as last year with Twilight, where she ended up with two tickets and could not decide who to give it to. With all of Star Twinkle's friends being in possession of a ticket themselves though, he had to find somepony to give his extra ticket. Fortunately, he knew exactly who that somepony was.

"You want to take me with you to the Grand Galloping Gala?" Steel Hammer asked almost shocked after he heard Star Twinkle's plan while in the midst of his work in the Iron Hammer.

Star Twinkle casually shrugged his shoulders. "I got a ticket from Princess Celestia and I'm allowed to take one friend with me. I thought you would like to go," he assumed.

But Steel Hammer looked a little bit unsure. "I don't know..." he said hesitantly. "Aren't events like those usually for more noble and elegant ponies? I kinda don't fit into his category if you haven't noticed," he said.

"Come on, Steel Hammer," Star Twinkle said amused at the stallion's reaction. "Let's just have a good time, okay?" He suggested. Then, out of nowhere, Steel Hammer began to smile before then starting to laugh happily, much to Star Twinkle's surprise. "What?" The stallion asked confused at this random behavior.

Steel Hammer explained. "I still remember back at the Summer Sun Celebration...I was spending time with some other friends and I really wanted to invite you as well but knowing you back then, you would have probably not come. And now I think its really funny that you are the one inviting me," he said with a warm smile on his face.

Star Twinkle did not like getting reminded of how he used to be. "Yeah, please don't remind me," he just said.

Again, Steel Hammer laughed. "To answer your question, yes, I would like to go with the gala with you," he said with a grin on his face.

Star Twinkle smiled back. "Great. Thanks," he said happily.

"No, I have to thank you!" Steel Hammer replied. "I was afraid now that you have all of those new friends that there was no more room for good old Steel Hammer," he added.

"Don't be ridiculous," Star Twinkle said. He found the very thought of Steel Hammer thinking that almost offending.

The green-coated stallion was relieved that he took care of this "Take a friend with you" situation that the gala ticket put him in. Everyone he knew already had somepony to take with them already. Applejack took Apple Bloom, Rarity took Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash took Scootaloo, Pinkie Pie took Maud, and Fluttershy took someone that Star Twinkle was about to meet later. Twilight did not have to bring anypony with her since she was in charge of making sure that everything would go well at the gala. This pretty much only left Steel Hammer to ask, not that he was asking him just for that reason, he was actually happy that he was able to ask him and that the stallion agreed to come.

As they continued their work as usual though, things in the workshop started to get weird. Things like tools were floating across the room as they were walking around in the workshop. Of course, the two stallions were really confused about those events happening around them and soon, the one responsible for those things started to reveal himself.