64. A true, true Friend

Star Twinkle was up surprisingly early. Thankfully, he had slept peacefully through the night or else he would be way grumpier at the moment. He got up from his bed and stretched a little before he opened the window next to his bed to get some fresh air. Once it opened, he closed his eyes and breathed in slowly, taking in the air in from outside. It was surprisingly loud outside. And windy. And cold. Realizing that, he decided to open his eyes to find out why the weather felt so weird.

The moment he opened his eyes, he realized what was going on outside. But after a closer inspection, he figured that he had no idea what was going on outside. There was a small twister in the air, snow dropping from one cloud, rain coming out of another one, there were even lighting bolt coming out of some of them. And that all happened at the same time.

"Okay...I'm not a weather pony...but I know that that is not supposed to happen," he said to himself after seeing this happening in front of his house.

Going outside while the weather was raging like this was probably not the best idea that Star Twinkle had but it was the only way to find out what exactly was going on. Once he walked outside, he notices how the clouds were arranged in patterns which of course, seemed strange as well which is saying something despite the weather being already weird.

The best thing he could think of was to ask Rainbow Dash since she was responsible for the weather but he couldn't find her. However, he did find Rarity who seemed focused on the clouds above her head as well. She was most likely wondering what was going on too but Star Twinkle tried to ask her if she knew anything anyway.

Rarity turned around after she noticed Star Twinkle approaching her. Her face was filled with stress and her horn glowed in a blue light, indicating that she was using magic at the moment. "Hello there, Star Twinkle," she greeted with a rather depressed tone in her voice. Of course, Star Twinkle asked the obvious question if Rarity knew what was going on with the weather and why Rainbow Dash was nowhere to be found to take care of it. But Rarity didn't quite understand. "What do you mean? Why would Rainbow Dash take care of the weather? It's my job after all,"

"Your job?" Star Twinkle replied confused. "And what about your boutique?"

"My boutique? Don't you mean Applejack's Boutique?" Rarity replied confused.

"Applejack's Boutique?" Star Twinkle replied. Just the words Applejack and Boutique being used in the same sentence confused him.

Rarity seemed to focus on the clouds again after she was done talking with Star Twinkle. Her horn continued to glow all the time. This is when Star Twinkle noticed how the clouds were moving while being surrounded in the same blue aura that surrounded her Rarity's horn. She was indeed controlling the clouds and took care of the weather. However, there was one more strange thing that stood out after Star Twinkle inspected Rarity further. Instead of the three diamonds that were normally on her flank, there was a cloud with a rainbow colored bolt coming out of it. It was Rainbow Dash's Cutie Mark. "Is that why she is taking the care of the weather?" Star Twinkle thought.

Of course, Star Twinkle wanted to ask Rarity a lot more questions but once he realized how stressed out she was, he decided to give her a break. There was one more thing that confused him and that was the fact that Rarity mentioned "Applejack's Boutique". Seeing how Rarity took care of the clouds, he had a strange thought popping up in his mind so he decided if that thought was true.

He arrived at Carousel Boutique. Once he entered it, his assumption seemed to be true. In the middle of the room was Applejack who was stitching dresses. Or at least she tried to. There were already some dresses on display all over the Boutique. All of them looked horrible and not at all what used to be hanging inside there. Judging from how Applejack was already working on another dress, which didn't look any better than any of the displayed once's, he quickly figured that Applejack created them all.