74. Big trouble in the big town

Star Twinkle was on his way to the train station with a suitcase in his mouth. The next week would be pretty busy since he was about to travel to the famous metropolis of Equestria, Manehattan. The reason for that was because Rarity would enter a competition which was taken place in a so-called Fashion Week.

Star Twinkle himself didn't know much about this city, other then it is filled with really high buildings and streets filled with ponies and all sorts of shopping districts. He figured that it was a much more lively place then Ponyville. Rarity was the one who was most excited about this trip which gave Star Twinkle a fairly good idea about this city but he had to admit that he was still kinda curious about it.

The rest of Star Twinkle's friends were already waiting at the train station, every one of them carrying a bag with them. Rarity was the first to greet Star Twinkle due to her being in a really good mood because of the upcoming trip. "Star Twinkle, darling, you're finally here!" She said happily.

As soon as he saw how Rarity was only taking one bag with her, he had to admit that he didn't expect that. "That's some unusual light luggage, Rarity. I expected you to bring a whole bunch of stuff with you,"

"What are you talking about?" Rarity replied confused. "The rest of my stuff is over there," she said before she pointed towards Spike. The poor dragon had to take care of around twenty more bags all on his own. He waved towards the stallion casually as soon as he noticed him and quickly went back to pile one bag after another on his back.

"Well, should have figured that..." Star Twinkle thought not being surprised by this.

Rarity then walked up to the stallion while putting a hoof on his shoulder. "Let me again thank you for being my assistant while I attend the fashion week,"

"Yeah, no problem..." Star Twinkle replied. "But I still don't know how I ended up as your assistant in all of this, in the first place..."

"Well, you did help me out my boutique more than the others so I just figured that you would be perfect for it," Rarity explained.

While this was certainly true, it was only because Star Twinkle was the only male of her close pony friends. This gave Rarity a lot more opportunities to take measurements for her male clients who didn't want any dresses.

"I guess..." Star Twinkle replied after he thought about it a little.

"Besides, Setting up all the stuff backstage could be quite stressful and I need somepony to take care of that while I make sure that my dresses are perfect," Rarity then casually added with a smile on her face.

"Gee...thank you..." Star Twinkle replied grumpily while narrowing his eyes in annoyance. It was times like this where he figured that his friends had a completely different view of him. Either that or they just liked to tease him.

Thankfully, he didn't have to help her the whole week since this Fashion Week only went on for a few days. There would be still enough time for him and his friends to relax. He just had to bite his teeth together and help her get through this. It was important for him to actually put effort into all of this since it was a big chance for Rarity so there was no way that he could just abandon her at the last minute, especially since she was looking forward to it so much.

"I can't tell you how happy I am that I can spend a whole week with my friends in the fabulous city of Manehattan!" Rarity expressed joyfully.

"Of course we'd all come along to support you during Fashion Week, Rarity!" Twilight said happily.

"Not that you'll need it. We're sure you'll win," Fluttershy added.

Everyone believed the same. Rarity would easily win the competitor that was held during this week. Rarity made sure to give her very best to create some stunning designs to impress everypony in Manehattan. This would give her and her Boutique a huge boost in popularity.