25. A New Life

Life has changed a lot recently. At least that's what Star Twinkle is thinking every day. It all happened so quick and sudden. He was just living his normal boring life and didn't expect much more. And that was perfectly fine for him. But in only one day, everything changed.

It all started at the Summer Sun Celebration. A normal day for Star Twinkle. He was going to work at the Iron Hammer, went home, waited till the celebration started, go to the celebration, wait till Princess Celestia raises the sun, go to sleep, done.

But then the mare in the moon returned, Nightmare Moon, who planned to cover all of Equestria in an eternal night. Somepony would have to take care of her. Star Twinkle had nothing to do with it. But then he saw how a group of ponies followed the purple Unicorn that he saw before. She knew about Nightmare Moon so maybe she knew how to stop her. They decided to work together to stop Nightmare Moon.

Again. It had nothing to do with Star Twinkle.

They talked about the Elements of Harmony, which sounded familiar to him. But him knowing about those elements or not wouldn't have changed a thing. Yet he still followed them into the Everfree Forest. A forest of which he knew, was dangerous.

There was no reason for him to go there. But he did. Why?

The group of ponies found the Elements of Harmony but they didn't work and Nightmare Moon defeated them.

She won.

If the elements were not enough to defeat them, then there was nothing else that could stop her. But that didn't stop Star Twinkle to play the hero and go between The six ponies and Nightmare Moon. He was clearly not right in his mind when he did that. He was about to be defeated just like the other six ponies. But he was saved from a bright light that engulfed him. A new Element of Harmony appeared. An Element that is completely unknown even to Princess Celestia.

Honesty, generosity, loyalty, kindness, laughter, magic and...

All this questions and thoughts are wandering in his head in a daily basis.

Star Twinkle was on his way to Twilight's library, in hope to find some answers in one of her books. But he was surprised by what he saw after entering the library.

Princess Celestia was standing in the middle of the room, talking with Twilight.

"Oh! Um...your majesty!" Star Twinkle exclaimed before bowing before Princess Celestia.

But the princess replied with a giggle and walked up to Star Twinkle, telling him that there is no reason for formality.
"I was just checking on my most favorite student and her friendship lessons," Princess Celestia assured.

"Wait, this is perfect! Now I can ask the Princess in person about the elements!
...
Wait. What am I talking about? I can't just talk to the princess! She's probably way too busy to talk with somepony like me..."

The Princess already attempted to leave the library so it was now or never!

"Good day," she said before walking past Star Twinkle.

At first, Twilight hesitated to approach Star Twinkle because of his behavior from the day before but she decided that it would be better to talk instead of ignoring him.
"Is there some kind of book you need, Star Twinkle?" She asked not noticing at first, that he is not looking at her.

His head was turned around to the princess, who was exiting the library, spreading her wings in order to fly away. "Princess Celestia!" Star Twinkle exclaimed.

"Yes?" Princess Celestia replied while turning around surprised.

Star Twinkle was nervous to say more but since he came this far, he might as well go through it all the way. It was his only chance to get some answers after all.
"There is something I need to talk with you. In private...," Star Twinkle asked hesitated.