114. Re-Marked - Part 2

After a failed attempt to stop Starlight Glimmer from changing the future again, Star Twinkle, Twilight, and Spike found themselves in another time again. This time they landed in the Everfree Forest surrounded by ponies who all pointed their spears and angry glares right at the three, ready to attack any second now, much to their dismay.

"Alright...how about we all put those spears away and calm down?" Star Twinkle suggested nervously only to get even more spears pointed at him in return.

"Quiet! Changeling!" Fluttershy growled at the stallion.

"Wait! We're not changelings!" Twilight replied nervously. "We're ponies! And he's a dragon!"

Pinkie Pie walked up to Spike to make sure that what Twilight said was true. "A likely story! Do something dragonish!" She demanded. Of course, Spike's first guess was to breathe fire to prove his innocence but all he managed to do was belching up some smoke due to him being a little pressured right now. Pinkie Pie had to cough a little after getting smoked at like that. "That works!" She said before she took a few steps back again.

Fluttershy then moved closer. "The servants of Chrysalis will do anything to save their evil skins!" She said, in order to get everyone rallied up once more.

Luckily, as soon as things started to get messy, someone's voice echoed through the forest and prevented the ponies to do anything. "Stop! If they are changelings we'll soon see. Though I think they're not what they appear to be," a very familiar voice said coming from on top of a tree.

"Zecora!" Twilight said in relief. The zebra seemed, as usual, pretty reasonable to talk with. She jumped down from the tree and walked up to the three with a glare on her face but at least she didn't look as if she was about to attack anytime soon, much to Twilight's delight. "Please, you have to listen," she asked of her.

Zecora seemed to be the leader of those ponies. Everyone stepped aside and Zecora pulled out a green salve. "Beneath this salve, no changeling hides, for it reveals the truth inside," she said before she rubbed it on Star Twinkle, Twilight, and Spike.

This salve turned out to be the same stuff that was on all the ponies, and zebra, in this forest. After Zecora put the salve on Star Twinkle, Twilight, and Spike, something unexpected happened. They started to glow and judging from Zecora's reaction, that was not supposed to happen. Everyone besides the zebra took cover as this was happening in front of them.

"We are glowing. Is that good?" Star Twinkle asked nervously.

Pinkie Pie slowly walked next to Zecora while keeping a close look at the three. "What does it mean?" She whispered to Zecora before she walked back again.

Zecora seemed to know what was going on and explained. "The meaning is far worse, I see, for it is we who should not be."

It almost sounded as if Zecora, just by painting the three with this salve managed to get the whole picture of what was going on now. Still, Twilight offered to explain everything to the zebra.

"I'm sure you can," Zecora replied. "But let's not talk here. Chrysalis and her army will soon draw near!" She said before she led the way with all of the ponies around following her, including Star Twinkle, Twilight, and Spike.

After only a few meters, Star Twinkle noticed how there were ponies positioned in the trees to keep a look around for intruders. Zecora and all the other ponies completely settled down in the Everfree Forest.

"So...what is the story here?" Star Twinkle asked.

Zecora explained. "The changelings took over not long ago. Though I'll wager in your world that isn't so," she replied. This sentence proved that she was aware of Star Twinkle, Twilight, and Spike not originally coming from this world.